Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am a new owner of a 2001 Maserati 3200GT. It's a Azzuro Argentina with beige trim and I love it!!

This is my first Maserati and I purchased it from an old freind who had it from new. It has no warranty left so he let me have it at a good price.

One fault it has is that the ERROR light for the electronic adjustable suspension is always on. I have booked the car in so the techs can have a look but I thought I would check with you to see if this is a common fault.

I had an M5 before this and the M5 forum was better at diagnosing faults than the techs!!

Thanks,

David.:)

·
Registered
835 Posts
dwrights said:
...One fault it has is that the ERROR light for the electronic adjustable suspension is always on. I have booked the car in so the techs can have a look but I thought I would check with you to see if this is a common fault...
Could be a faulty sensor. It happened to me once before on the front driver side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Haha,

I will let the forum know what the outcome is, it's going to the dealers at the end of the week.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Unfortunately you will not find the volume on this forum that you would at a BMW or similar site.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
dwrights said:
It's very quiet on here. Is it quite a new forum?
The traffic varies. The site is about 1 year old and is the only Maserati site of its kind. I am trying to grow the site and add new features as rapidly as possible. I have a feeling this 2006 will be a great year for the community as it is starting to grow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
dwrights

You won't find a lot of traffic on these boards, but you will find that the typical retards and posers are also absent.

This is perhaps the friendliest and most helpful board I've surfed. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The light normal comes after each suspension actuator has done a test. The way it works is simple, each actuator does a full turn on way then it does a full turn the other way. If any actuator has a problem then the light will come on. You can do some simple checks for yourself if are capable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies Gents. After inspection it seems that I need a new front shock absorber and maybe a new actuator. The shock absorber is damaged or worn where the actuator fits in. Once the new shock is fitted they will try the original actuator to see if thats OK .Fingers crossed.

I have a new problem as well. If any Maserati tech's are reading.:)

My car is an 2001 3200GT Auto. When I am driving at around 80mph the gearbox sometimes changes down a gear on it's own and the RCY warning light comes on for about 5 seconds. It then goes off and the gearbox changes back up a gear.:???:

Has anybody come accross this before?

Thanks,

David.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
Bath of Kylies
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing