Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone,I would like to introduce myself as I am a new member to the Maserati lifeforum. I am a three week long owner of a 2005 Maserati C.C. and am so farhaving a blast driving it. I’ve had no shortage of compliments on the car, itlooks brand new and most everyone thinks it is brand new. Thank you all for thewealth of information you all have put out on the forum. After reading many ofyour posts I have learned that the first things I need is to install a DBW andupgrade my exhaust system and I will get around to those along with an audio systemupgrade. I have a couple of concerns or questions on the car though. My oilpressure looks fine at idle, it is dead middle on the gauge, 35psi. With myfoot on the gas the needle is always all the way over to the right, 70psi. Isthis normal? A question also on the cabin air, it’s hot in Southern Californiathis time of year so I have the AC on all the time. It works fine with cooledair coming out of the center two fascia vents but nothing comes out of the sidefascia vents, I am just wondering why not.

·
5,887 Posts
Welcome to Maseratilife and congrats on the new ride! :cheers:

I have learned that the first things I need is to install a DBW and upgrade my exhaust system and I will get around to those along with an audio system upgrade.
You don't need anything at all. Even in stock form, these cars are great. With that said, I personally feel the first upgrade an owner should make is in the suspension dept. Sport springs works wonders on these cars.

My oil pressure looks fine at idle, it is dead middle on the gauge, 35psi. With my foot on the gas the needle is always all the way over to the right, 70psi. Is this normal?
Yes

I have the AC on all the time. It works fine with cooled air coming out of the center two fascia vents but nothing comes out of the side fascia vents, I am just wondering why not.
That does not sound normal. Perhaps the sides are blocked or disconnected.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Pommy,,,welcome to the forum and would like to c pics. Travis is rite on, idle oil pressure is 35 and on the gas is 70 maxed out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, It is a relief to know my oil pressure is Ok. I will do a little digging on the side fascia vent problem. I will post some pictures of my car when I figure out how to do it.
Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
74 Posts
On the side vents: I get very little airflow out of mine ever since I replaced my heater core (a common issue on these cars). The middle vents pump it out but the outer vents do not. I think in replacing the dash panels, it's likely some HVAC airflow "seals" (just soft foam gaskets really) did not seat right, and now that airflow finds its way out before it gets to my vent.

I have meant to take the dash off for a while now, but just haven't gotten around to it. If you are a DIY-er, try taking off the dash and re-setting it, it might help....

Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Nice to hear about your purchase Pommy, it's a great forum to be apart of.......if you have a problem there's usually always someone here who's had it before......welcome......

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
On the side vents: I get very little airflow out of mine ever since I replaced my heater core (a common issue on these cars). The middle vents pump it out but the outer vents do not. I think in replacing the dash panels, it's likely some HVAC airflow "seals" (just soft foam gaskets really) did not seat right, and now that airflow finds its way out before it gets to my vent.

I have meant to take the dash off for a while now, but just haven't gotten around to it. If you are a DIY-er, try taking off the dash and re-setting it, it might help....

Welcome aboard...
Same here. Given I'm in the UK, I can live with it :)

C

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks guys, It is a relief to know my oil pressure is Ok. I will do a little digging on the side fascia vent problem. I will post some pictures of my car when I figure out how to do it.
Thanks, Phil
Yes, welcome Pom...and that oil pressure is certainly better than the other way around.....I think!!

Seriously though, I had a 59 Alfa Giulietta Sprint back in the 60s and that thing had "fluid" oil pressure!! Way low at idle and then just built up whilst driving to 65 or so IIRC..

Used to drive me crazy until I talked to an Alfa mechanic and he said that's the way they were designed!!

Yeah, get those pics up...and in the meantime, let us know what the color combo is at least!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts