Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I am a new member to the forum. I have a question that hopefully one or more of you could help me with. I am a larger frame guy, about 6'5", and I was thinking about buying an 08 Quattroporte GT S. However, being a bit on the taller side, I could use a little more head room as well as a tad bit more leg room. Does anyone know if its possible for the dealer to just lower the seat a bit and move it back? The salesman said that they could remove some bolts from the rear of the seat track to give me another couple of inches, but I was wondering about the simplicity of creating vertical clearance? Thanks and again hello.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I am a new member to the forum. I have a question that hopefully one or more of you could help me with. I am a larger frame guy, about 6'5", and I was thinking about buying an 08 Quattroporte GT S. However, being a bit on the taller side, I could use a little more head room as well as a tad bit more leg room. Does anyone know if its possible for the dealer to just lower the seat a bit and move it back? The salesman said that they could remove some bolts from the rear of the seat track to give me another couple of inches, but I was wondering about the simplicity of creating vertical clearance? Thanks and again hello.
Couldn't you have picked an easier question for your first post?;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, sorry about the question. probably should have started out with something simpler, but then again, lot of money for a car, want to make sure i fit i guess.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You're buying a relatively expensive car. If the sales person said they think they can make it work and you think you want the car if they can properly adjust it, tell them to make the adjustments so you can have a definitive answer. I'm sure they really want the sale, so if it's possible, they will figure out a way. My friend is similarly built and he has great difficulty sitting in my passenger seat. He currently drives a BMW 7 Series, which seems to fit him ok.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm 6'7 & have, several times enquired (on several different vehicles) what the options are for modifying the seat.. so far the best suggestions have been to get the seat base foam modified (reletively inexpensive to do) which will give an extra couple of verticle inches of height. The most impressive was lamborghini who were able to modify the floor of the car to fit... sadly the gallardo has a space frame which prevents this..

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am 6 3 and have the qp. i fit pretty good but understand where you are coming from. what i have done in the past is take the car to my friends shop in pa. they extended brackets in the past and lowered the seat position for me. would have to have them look at my car to see about the verticle clearance. they did it on my range rover. maybe they could suggest a fab. shop in your area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts