Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati had been the most over-promised and under-delivered champion within the Fiat group. Every 5 years, the 10,000 units a year target is postponed for another 5 years. The latest target is now 2010. How will Maserati get there?

Marchionne: First, by strengthening its current product range. The Maserati Quattroporte is an excellent car, but it needs to be produced, for example, with a true automatic gearbox for the US market.

The Quattroporte platform also will be the basis of a new, top of the range coupe.

At the same time, Maserati is too small to have its own platforms so it needs synergies with other brands. I think the industrial cooperation with Alfa Romeo on the premium platform is the proper answer.

What about the Kubang GT wagon, which would be Maserati's first crossover?

Marchionne: Nothing is decided yet, but I can say that a Kubang for Maserati makes sense only if Alfa cooperates on the project by making its own large crossover. These two vehicles could be the first fruit of the industrial cooperation between Alfa and Maserati.

·
Registered
681 Posts
lmao great an S.U.V./wagon just the way I want my Maserati. And an Automatic Quattroporte for us lazy AmericansI wonder if the current Ferrari dealers will drop Maserati. Maserati is going downhill very fast IMO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maserati will most likely offer two transmission choices. Don't be surprised if the duo-select gets gets a higher output version of the current V8.

A SUV/Crossover based on the Kubang concept with a high output V8 and all-wheel drive could be a great alternative to the Cayenne Turbo. Done right, it could be very hot!!

And what of the confirmation that the next generation Coupe will be based on the Quattroporte platform? This is huge. I think everyone is in for a huge surprise on the next generation Coupe.

Do you really think that with all the progress that the Fiat Auto Group has made, they would actively run Maserati into the ground? Read the Fiat Auto Group portion of the interview by Marchionne at www.italiaspeed.com

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm very pleased with the current Maserati's. I think Porsche started losing it's special touch with the Boxster and Cayenne. Remember the days when you said "Wow a Porsche". Consider how many Boxsters and Cayennes you see daily. If you think automatic Quattroporte's and S.U.V.'s means going in the right direction, more power to you. But in my opinion their selling out. Remember the Chrysler Maserati TC?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Do you really think that with all the progress that the Fiat Auto Group has made, they would actively run Maserati into the ground?
Fiat won't run it into the ground rather turn it into an assembly line consumer car mfg.

·
Registered
196 Posts
PPMaserati said:
A SUV/Crossover based on the Kubang concept with a high output V8 and all-wheel drive could be a great alternative to the Cayenne Turbo. Done right, it could be very hot!!
The thought makes me wanna barf. Like the Cayenne. But hey, it may just sell to American suburbanites trying to impress the neighbours....

PPMaserati said:
Do you really think that with all the progress that the Fiat Auto Group has made, they would actively run Maserati into the ground? ....
If there is one thing that Fiat can be trusted to do it is just that. On the positive side, I personally think that the current crop of Maseratis will be very highly regarded in the near future, like the Ghiblis and the Khamsins of yore....

·
Registered
188 Posts
NAPerformance said:
I'm very pleased with the current Maserati's. I think Porsche started losing it's special touch with the Boxster and Cayenne. Remember the days when you said "Wow a Porsche". Consider how many Boxsters and Cayennes you see daily. If you think automatic Quattroporte's and S.U.V.'s means going in the right direction, more power to you. But in my opinion their selling out. Remember the Chrysler Maserati TC?
You know, I was just thinking about that recently... the 3 P-cars I owned pre-1996 felt and performed like exotics - and as a PCA member I sure tracked and enjoyed them.

My last two (post 1996) P-cars were wonderful but just didn't feel special, not from a "social" standpoint but from a driving one.

So yes, I actually wondered recently why I don't go "wow a Porsche" like I used to, it was kind of weird.

I suppose that my GS will retain a special feel regardless - Ferrari engine being a plus - but just sad to think that the brand may be distorting again...

·
Registered
96 Posts
caman boys, maserati has had automatic cars since who knows when, the last too generations of qp were offered with slush boxes. i think offering the qp with 2 tranny choices is brilliant and will help it sell more, personnaly i dont see as many as i would like to see.

the suv thing kinda sux, i admit it, and i hope it dosnt happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
dave_fonz_164
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing