Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a intermittent tappet sound on their 2002 Spyder. Mine has done it from day 1 & three different Maserati/Ferrari dealerships looked at it & said it was fine. Of course it never happened when they test drove it. Sometimes it won't occur for months & other times its on & off. I change the oil & filter every 1500 miles or twice a year & use Mobil1. It's a Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tony. I forgot to ask whether replacing the Non-Return Oil Valve is a big job or an easy fix. Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Tony. I forgot to ask whether replacing the Non-Return Oil Valve is a big job or an easy fix. Thanks again for the feedback.
My car is in winter storage so I can't have a look. Looks easy to change, just screw in, but I don't know about access. It's at the back of the engine circled in yellow

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I replaced mine, 20 minute job, but really didn’t help. Still get some tapping occasionally on start ups. Doesn’t really bother me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for the quick response, I will get it changed out & hope that does it.
Hope it helps. These engines have a wildly complex lubrication system (5 pumps, check valves and volume tank) and it would be great to be able to find at least a flow diagram for the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts