Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 QP. It's having the standard stickiness issues in the center console and I'm pretty sick of the black plastic. Are there any kits for recovering the interior trim with vinyl? I found a company called RVinyl that offers a kit, which I ordered specifically for this model/ year, but they ended up cancelling my order (said they couldn't fullfil the order - probably because they don't have the dimensions for the car). Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just get some vinyl wrap sheets the color you want and apply it. Will be a pain as they are not pre-cut or pre-formed but neither are the an car wraps. They just stretch and use heat to apply them.
When i get some time going to experiment with somethings (vinyl wrap, paint, hydro dip, ??).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder if you have to remove the sticky before you vinyl wrap it. You could also sand it all down and then paint or hydrodip it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2012 QP. It's having the standard stickiness issues in the center console and I'm pretty sick of the black plastic. Are there any kits for recovering the interior trim with vinyl? I found a company called RVinyl that offers a kit, which I ordered specifically for this model/ year, but they ended up cancelling my order (said they couldn't fullfil the order - probably because they don't have the dimensions for the car). Any suggestions appreciated.
Hello,
Have you had the opportunity to bring this to the attention of your dealer? Our team and colleagues are always available to answer your questions via private messages.

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I have a 2007 Quattroporte, with Beige interior.
Considering that you need to take out the centre consul to recover , why not purchase a quality piece of leather cloth on EBay , there are many quite stretchy fine textures fabrics around, especially in Black.
It’s really easy to recover if you are methodical, using contact spray on adhesive. For The main body and a slightly stronger spread on version for the edges..
To create a nice tension do the gluing in sections using cheap hand pinching lamps
You could even use a real leather.
I had an old Italian black leather coat, the texture was very very fine and
quite a thin gauge. I used this to replace my centre consul covering on my 2011 Range Rover..
Look on eBay used jackets in really good condition are really cheap ..
Whatever , best of luck with it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts