Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having some engine performance issues on my '04 Coupe GT and took to the dealer -- turned out to be fuel rails, which had been recalled and dealer fixed for free.

When I picked my car up, every interior dome light was stuck on. Asked dealer to look at it. They called and said driver seat motor is burnt out (was fine when I dropped it off) and that had interferred with the interior light wiring was their suspicion. I paid $2500 to have the motor replaced because they couldn't find a used one and they couldn't fix the light problem. They checked with MNA and the best solution was to pull the fuse that controls the lights. They said the only other alternative was to pull the wiring harnesses and look for a short. As you may know, that fuse also controls the gas tank and trunk buttons in the glove box, so now I have no lights and I have to manually open the gas tank door from inside the trunk.

Any ideas on a better fix?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Blown Fuse

I have the same fuse problem with my 02 Coupe. The fuse keeps blowing and so the interior lights, fuel door, etc don't work. Will be watching your posts carefully in the hope you can figure out what is causing the problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My car had the same problem with the interior light being stuck on. Fortunately, it was only the dome light and not the rear lights. I could turn off the light randomly sometimes if I pushed the button repeatedly, but even that stopped working after a while. I ended up pulling the bulb out. The dealer replaced the dome fixture under warantee and it did the trick. seems to have had something in the fixture woren out.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any more info on this fuel rail recall/issue and which years are affected?
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it. They hooked up the SD2 and said that a certain set of cylinders were misfiring (4 or 5 out of the 8 in a certain sequence) and that when this readout occurs, it is symptomatic/consistent with the fuel rail recall issue. Based on the way the dealer described it, it seemed like a common problem they were having. I'm not sure if it is the hoses as referenced above or bent fuel rails.

As to "make the dealer fix it" comment. I tried that with no luck. They claim the seat motor malfunction was not their fault and refused to do anything gratis in terms of fixing the lights. At this point, I've spent so much on a lousy motor that I don't want to dump more into having the dealer futz with the wiring. Not sure how I can influence any more leverage over the dealer to make them want to fix it for cheap/free, but my car was there for over 6 weeks without a solution from MNA or dealer, so not real confident they will come up with a solution now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was having some engine performance issues on my '04 Coupe GT and took to the dealer -- turned out to be fuel rails, which had been recalled and dealer fixed for free.

When I picked my car up, every interior dome light was stuck on. Asked dealer to look at it. They called and said driver seat motor is burnt out (was fine when I dropped it off) and that had interferred with the interior light wiring was their suspicion. I paid $2500 to have the motor replaced because they couldn't find a used one and they couldn't fix the light problem. They checked with MNA and the best solution was to pull the fuse that controls the lights. They said the only other alternative was to pull the wiring harnesses and look for a short. As you may know, that fuse also controls the gas tank and trunk buttons in the glove box, so now I have no lights and I have to manually open the gas tank door from inside the trunk.

Any ideas on a better fix?
Ahh get the car away from those quacks and find someone who specializes in this Marque. You will also find there are shops that specialize in repair of electrical systems etc. Try one of them. I went that route once when no one could find a grouding issue. The shop charged only $50.00 with the parts included.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts