Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What material is dash made from and what is best cleaning solution for it? Also, how to clean Alcantara?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have alcantara headliner on my boat and use "303 Aerospace Cleaner". Pretty awesome stuff - works just as well pretty much on any fabric/carpeting.
Not sure what your dash is made of, but on painted leather and vinyl check out "Blackfire Interior Protectant". Gives a non-grease satin finish that is hard to beat.
You can find both on www.properautocare.com.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Borgenard! I will try 303 on Alcantara. Does anyone know what material 07 qp dash is made from? It seems like rubber, but is it painted leather?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have alcantara headliner on my boat and use "303 Aerospace Cleaner". Pretty awesome stuff - works just as well pretty much on any fabric/carpeting.
Not sure what your dash is made of, but on painted leather and vinyl check out "Blackfire Interior Protectant". Gives a non-grease satin finish that is hard to beat.
You can find both on www.properautocare.com.
that's in a boat.

in the maserati, the alcantara (roof) in the interior should be fairly clean, unless you smoke inside the car or somehow you smudge the ceiling.

and really, i dont think any cleaner except water should be used on it. as for alcantara dash or seats, i think water or even the mildest soap immediately wiped with water is fine.

here's alcantara's own recommendation:
http://www.alcantara.com/en_US/experience/manutenzione/manutenzione.shtml

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks M! that really helped. The alcantara site is very informative.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts