Maserati Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
leatherworldtech .com has some products for restoring the grain pattern (basically you “copy” the grain from a good section and paste it onto the bald section that’s been covered in a thin layer of material). They also have the leather dye in factory ish matched colors. I have had good results but it did take some practice / technic. Before I ordered a panel I would give it a shot- If it turns out good you saved some $ -if unacceptable then buy the panel and your no worse off
Good info , thanks ! ( I had no clue restoring patterns is possible , and products exist for that ) .. (y)

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update: I found the interior touch up paint which I used on one of the seats spots and which matched up very well with the color of the seat, even close up it's undetectable. It's from Colourblock ( the exterior paint I have is from Touchupdirect ) . Anyway, I put a very small amount of it in the corner of the windowsill's rubbed off area and unfortunately it stands out like a sore thumb; too flat and shiny vs. the grainy and duller rest of the sill. So that's definitely not going to work unless I use the grain restoration pattern from leatherworldtech, mentioned in the previous posts.
I can probably find a shop who can do the grain restoration for me, but the more I think about that my arm & elbow is on that sill 99% of the time I drive, I'm really leaning toward having those segments painted dark blue to match my dashboard color . Functionally, dark blue is not going to show the dirt so easily, and aesthetically I actually like the idea of having a two tone "accent" there.
I can visualize it, but wish I had the software and was able to photoshop it so I can get a better image of what the overall interior would look like with those doors segments colored that way..:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Note to self, a bit of protective dirt is good! I will leave it be.
In, retrospect I should have left it alone, it wasn’t that bad.. it’s worse now
Or maybe I should have wiped it with a soft cloth dipped in warm water with a little dishwasher soap mix in it, instead of a chemical leather cleaner . Ugh

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
521 Posts
In, retrospect I should have left it alone, it wasn’t that bad.. it’s worse now
Or maybe I should have wiped it with a soft cloth dipped in warm water with a little dishwasher soap mix in it, instead of a chemical leather cleaner . Ugh
Point well taken, I was going to elbow grease this further with Mothers Leather cleaner, warm water might be better for this 'vegan leather'.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts