Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt the answer is somewhere in this forum’s many threads but search was not my friend this time, so I’ll start a new post :

Sabbia ( sand / beige ) interior .

The window sill, where my elbow rests 90% of the time while driving is now showing a “dirty“ somewhat darker than the rest of the sill spot . It’s not as if I don‘t wash my arms :rolleyes: but whatever it is ( natural skin oils, and / or shirts sleeves colors residue, etc. ) it’s visible enough to require cleaning . Question is what to use ? Would warm water with a mild detergent soap mix be enough , or do I need to look for some specialized car interiors cleaning products ?

6,709 Posts
My Range Rover has a cream interior and I'm frequently dirty so I know all about that...I like this stuff to clean up stuff like that..

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
384 Posts
Believe it or not I was on a car tour in Italy years ago and someone asked one of the Schedonni family members during our tour there what to use on leather. He said pretty much any modern product was good but he liked Mother's leather products. I was surprised.

I've used Lexol, Mother's, Meguires (currently use this on my leather couches in the house) among others.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks ! I clean and condition the seats occasionally with Leather CPR , and Manchester Leather Food , but have never used the leather products on the trim parts . The door handle was the only other piece which got dirty , but the texture seems so different on that window sill I wasn’t sure if it’s leather or some other composite . ( It’s not the Alcantra )

·
Registered
782 Posts
Griots leather creme has a wonderful aroma ...if that matters. Like Lexol but smells like you are in a leather shop

Reactions: GT/MC 4ME

·
Registered
637 Posts
I might hafta check out that Griots stuff. I have the same sabia interior and am noticing the same thing with certain spots needing cleaning.

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
384 Posts
Griot's makes some good stuff too. Their headquarters is near me and they have regular car shows there including Italian day. Richard is a true car guy and a nice dude.

6,709 Posts
I'm not so sure that a lot Griot's products are not Mothers or Mequires just relabeled and way over priced...Lets face it...They are not making all those chemicals..Just saying...I get their catalogs and have bought some stuff, but it is kinda a rip off IMO...Jason

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
551 Posts
Griots leather creme has a wonderful aroma ...if that matters. Like Lexol but smells like you are in a leather shop
Smells good to me! 🤣 :p

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found some Meguiar’s leather cleaner in my garage so I might use that, although I have to reorder a new bottle of Adam’s detail spray ( IMO the holy grail of spot cleaners for car surfaces impurities, bird poop, etc ) so I’ll see if they have leather cleaners in their line of products and if they do I can wait a couple of days for that one.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fffffff...fudge ! 😡. I cleaned the spot , but now it shows the rub-off wear from the elbow resting there, so it no longer has the same pebble grain as the rest of the windowsill piece . There is also a small spot ( about 1” ) that’s discolored quite a bit .
I think that segment is where the door airbag is, so replacing that piece with a new one may be a PITA . Touch up paint could be another option, although my experiences with those attempts have never produced acceptable results… stands out too much, just doesn’t blend in seamlessly. 😒. So not sure what to do next .

6,709 Posts
You might want to start looking around for another door panel...That stuff is hard to fix...Even if you get someone to match the color correctly, the grain will look crappy...I'm going through the same thing on my Range Rover...Setting my elbow on the thing and the oils from my skin have jacked the thing up slightly...J

6,709 Posts
I'm not positive you'll be able to pick up a new door panel at this point and the price could be flat out stupid...I'm thinking like 2k$ off the top my head based how much they charge for interior stuff...J

1 - 20 of 51 Posts