Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I find that issue of pricing difficult to believe. Anyone who can afford to spend ~$100K on a car knows how to look up the price and do a little research....they wouldn't just "rule it out" because they didn't "think they could afford it" without checking the price at least once....or ask a fellow car enthusiast. Furthermore, I don't believe people in the market really cross-shop a GS to a DB9...if they did because they thought they "were in the same league" there'd be a 3 year waiting list for Maseratis since they are about $60K cheaper than a DB9. I think it is all a bunch of bunk. Your typical GS/Coupe buyer is probably someone who cross-shops the 911 or MB CL or BMW M6 and wants something a little more unique, yet still functional.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, most people I've run into have assumed it is a $150-200k or more car.
maybe so, but those aren't people actively looking to purchase a car in that category....those people (whether they be successful business folk, professionals or rarely just lucky) have the sense to do a little research and see if they can afford the object of their desire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts