Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out in the driveway and a pretty blonde is walking down the street with her dog. She looks over at me, stops, looks again, walks for a bit, stops and looks. I'm a tall blonde Dane, and, well...

OK, end of fantasy. I was spritzing the QP with some Zaino Z-8. I doubt she was taking in my pudgy middle+ age frame. But I was amused at how this car drew her attention. She must have stared at it for some 20 or 30 seconds.

Sure ain't no Camry. (not me, the car...)

Hans.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Had a Metro ATL cop pull up next to me the other night, heading north on I-75, next to Turner Field (Atlanta Braves old stadium), honked his horn and gave me a thumbs up! That was pretty cool....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a Metro ATL cop pull up next to me the other night, heading north on I-75, next to Turner Field (Atlanta Braves old stadium), honked his horn and gave me a thumbs up! That was pretty cool....
Yikes! Cop. Also today....

Change of shift for the local guys in blue. 3 of them are in the lane to the right of me on a city street, going to home base. I popped off a downshift coming to a stop at the same light they were at. Light turned green, but the cop just off my right rear flank held back. Just sort of sat there... Finally went on, head hanging out of window. Not sure if he was admiring, or if I might be in trouble at some later date. Jeez.

Maybe I *should* be driving a Camry.

Hans.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yikes! Cop. Also today....

Change of shift for the local guys in blue. 3 of them are in the lane to the right of me on a city street, going to home base. I popped off a downshift coming to a stop at the same light they were at. Light turned green, but the cop just off my right rear flank held back. Just sort of sat there... Finally went on, head hanging out of window. Not sure if he was admiring, or if I might be in trouble at some later date. Jeez.

Maybe I *should* be driving a Camry.

Hans.
He was probably waiting for you to drop the hammer!!! lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
I feel like it doesn’t quite get the same attention it did when I bought it 3.5 years ago, but it certainly still gets plenty of attention. Almost always positive attention, at that. The clean lines tend to positively permeate all age groups in my experience. I keep itching to buy a 458 or 570s or huracan but garage/finances would dictate trading it in and I just like this car way too much to do it. It was a cash purchase and everyone said I was stupid to buy it at 25 but I’m at 59k miles and it has been an incredibly pleasant ownership experience thus far. Can’t think of a better sports car bang for your buck in terms of ‘special’ factor, price, etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been my favorite part of the experience so far.. from folks commenting in traffic to watching folks in the rear mirror mouth "Holy Shit.. It's a Maserati"... I freaking love this car! :)

To be fair, where I live, I'm only aware of 3 or 4 Maserati's.. 1 is a QP, 1 is a GT Sport that I passed on (love making fun of that one..), and I know there is a Ghibli running around (although I don't count Ghibli's or Levante's), so they are pretty rare here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My wife has even gotten in on the action.. one of her co-workers asked.. "What did your husband get? A Camaro?".. the look of disgust on her face.. "NO! A Maserati!!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
jarhead3121
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing