Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking on eBay at the Quattroporte's for sale.

There are 45 for sale right now!!! I wonder how many of those are being sold because folks traded them in on the new "Automatic"?

I still love my '02 GT Coupe, but probably about this time next year, I'll be trading it in on a Quattroporte.

I even notice (1) Quattroporte on eBay has a Buy it Now price of $59,995.00. First one I've seen under $60K now. Ouch....

I really love the looks of the Neiman Marcus edition, that color combo is fantastic!!!

Were there any big changes between the 2005 and 2006 model years?

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I am new to the forum, my research has been exhaustive. As far as basic engine, drivetrain and body, there is virtually no difference between '05-'06. The transmission has been the main reason for upgrading, but that is a good, no GREAT thing for those who study it and listen to others about how to operate it without the jerky gear changes. If in automatic mode, during the accelration as you near a gear change, slightly feather the gas pedal. You will be amazed at how smooth the gear change will be. An enthusiast will learn these things - those too lazy to care will suffer the depreciation for the "Americanized" automatic and allow those like me to get a wonderful vehicle at a great value. The good mechanics will tell you, however, to keep it in manual mode for the longest clutch life. Love it, love it, love it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
not sure if it is common to have 24 month leases, but it could be the case.

if those DS owners did not manage to learn to drive their QP well enough over the time of ownership, and resort to the Automatica, it is just too bad.

IMO the DS is a better match for the QP.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. When I get my Quattroporte, it will be an '06 with a DuoSelect.

I just don't care for automatics. My only experience with a "ZF" automatic, was on my wife's 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L. It went out at 95,000 miles. Cost to repair it? $4000.00!! OUCH!!! That was about 1/2 what the car was worth back then. My 1980 Maserati 4Porte used the Chrysler 727A Torqueflight. Nice thing about that unit, was any AAMCO could work on it, and if you needed a new unit, it was only about $700.00.

·
Registered
96 Posts
On our Sport GT we realised that in Manual its smoother than in Manual Sport. It's so smooth in fact that it's almost close to a full automatic car. With DS however you get the unforgettable blips and throttle controls that is difficult to forget.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Jalpa_Mike

It just might be possible that Automatics have improved a bit in the past 25 years. :)

One difference between an '05 and '06 QP that seems to matter to me, is the elimination of the 'picnic/laptop' tables in the Exec models. For some reason, I really like that feature. Probably because I really don't consider large four-door automobiles as sport cars, thus I'd choose an exec package over the Sport GT.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think it may have to do with the 24 month lease option. When I bought my Coupe, the had both a 24 or 36 month lease option available.

The neiman marcus edition was limted so I wonder if those will hold value more than the standard model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts