Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I have an '05 Coupe Cambiocorsa.

From a standing start, such as at a red light or stop sign, when I take my foot off the brake and I accelerate (light or moderate) I hear a squeeling sound. Kind of like the tires are laying rubber.....but not loud enough or with enough throttle for it to actually be the tires. Seems to be coming from the rear of the car.

I'm thinking maybe it's the release of the hill-holder? Is that like a centrifugal brake on a golf-cart that is released by enough forward movement that it pops the spring or something? Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Never on mine... just the occasional clunking from the CC gear, nothing more. Weird. Have it checked at the dealer, maybe it's the clutch plate (out of alignment). Are the gears otherwise engaging OK? Any slipping?

Going back to today's football double header.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine does the same when cold but stops after a few miles.
my previous car started to squeel all the time and the clutch thrust bearing was replaced under warranty - a known issue on 03 coupes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
noise

short,sharp, but not real loud in sport, a tire chirp. not a lot of wheel spin. wonderful clear sunny top down day. radio off, straight pipes blasting all comers away, thats my maserati, and me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My car has the same squeak. I'm pretty sure it is the clutch engaging. In my case it goes away after the car fully warms. I don't think it is any signal for clutch wear, as I've noticed the issue for 5000 miles, but have not had any clutch problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the same problem and spoke to my local dealer. They said it was the thrust bearing....they also suggested NOT to do anything about it yet until the clutch goes. It was cost prohibitive to replace it seperately especially as the clutch will go at some stage and the replacement of that will cover the thrust bearing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
That is the clutch itself (not throwout brg).

According to my dealer if the plates wear unevenly, it will make that noise as it engages.

Most noticable in normal mode (slower release....) with slightly more than normal accelerator pedal pressure taking off from standing still.

My clutch was replaced at 6,000 miles due to this noise.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glenn Wallace said:
That is the clutch itself (not throwout brg).

According to my dealer if the plates wear unevenly, it will make that noise as it engages.

Most noticable in normal mode (slower release....) with slightly more than normal accelerator pedal pressure taking off from standing still.

My clutch was replaced at 6,000 miles due to this noise.
I have the same noise on mine when cold. The noise stops after a couple of minutes and when operating temp rises. Did the dealer recommend you changing the clutch? I have not yet talked to my dealer about that noise. Just curious since changing the clutch obviously didn't fix your problem, or did it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Last year I had a new clutch fitted to my 2002 CC under warranty and it was soon making this "squeeking" noise. Dealer said a number of clutches had exhibited this and were considered to have manufacturing faults.
It was replaced again and has been silent ever since.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Under moderate to hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear, do you guys hear a lot of tire chirp? On my Pilot Sports with 9k miles, I can squeal them almost every time especially when they're cold.

Or at least I hope that's the tires chirping and not the clutch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine is the same from cold.......and so was my previous Coupe. totally different sound to tyre chirping. Neither were like it from new but both started about 6k miles. First one was sold with 11k miles still ok but with that noise fron cold. definately clutch

macadoo said:
My car has the same squeak. I'm pretty sure it is the clutch engaging. In my case it goes away after the car fully warms. I don't think it is any signal for clutch wear, as I've noticed the issue for 5000 miles, but have not had any clutch problems.

·
Registered
824 Posts
QPIE003 said:
I have the same noise on mine when cold. The noise stops after a couple of minutes and when operating temp rises. Did the dealer recommend you changing the clutch? I have not yet talked to my dealer about that noise. Just curious since changing the clutch obviously didn't fix your problem, or did it?
Thanks!
They did recommend replacing it and it was covered under warranty.
It fixed the noise. It was quite loud and annoying before that.

Mine did not go away when warm, but was worse when cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts