Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this listing:

http://adcache.exotic.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/exotic/8/0/88693680.htm

Its a 2006 AM V8 Vantage with 1,850 miles for 69,900.00. (After checking ebay this seems way too cheap)

I AM NOT parting with my Maz... But doesn't this seem like an interesting affordable exotic trade?

Perhaps I could get 50 - 55 for my loaded 04 coupe with 14,000 miles.

Perhaps I could get the AM seller to drop a few grand say to 66 - 68 for the 06.

Bottom line for 13,000 - 16,000 cash, one could go from an 04 Maz to an 06 AM Vantage.

Now that is just a quick and dirty proposition. I have never driven an AM and really love white cars so I am not interested, plus no paddles or back seat on the AM... But still....

If you figure in a year or so I have to spend $3,500 on a new Maz clutch and I will be out of warranty in May 08.... $10,000 additional cash (after the cost of the Maz clutch) seems like a bargainf for an AM with 1,800 miles??

(I do not know alot about the AM as far as service costs or problems etc..)

If the AM were white with paddles, I think I would have to seriously consider it...

What do you think?

CM

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm gonna call BS on that listing.. unless that car has been in some serious accident(s) with a salvage title, or perhaps stolen, it's just way too low. The lowest I've seen has been around ~95

edit: upon second glance look at this note in the listing "PLEASE CONTACT ME BY E-MAIL INSTEAD OF CALLING ME. IN THIS WAY I CAN BE SURE THAT I RECEIVE YOUR MESSAGE."

now you know it's bs. stay away, far far away.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts