Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Those flip-out headend screens are cool, but since my car has enough cowl shake to blur the rearview mirror, I wonder how the screen would cope... maybe by flying off the dash?

Has anyone out there installed a flip-up in a GS Spyder?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i wouldn't say that would be my first option of a mount or how to mount it... It looks too honda'ish or fast-n-furious style. It needs to be incorporated and hidden in the vehicle.

I went strictly to Alpine for all A/V and source unit needs; such as flip outs, with no issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
I can't imagine that is much better than just doing an bass tube in the trunk. Or even that Infiniti Bass Link.. People here have had good things to say about that right?

probably right, but the basslink is nothing spectacular

·
Registered
79 Posts
Basslinks are fantasic solutions to add a bit of bass in any vehicle. Sure they arent a box with three JL subs and a huge amplifier that you can use to rattle windows as you drive down a street, but they round out music nicely. Most people put a large sub in their first car or two, then as their tastes mature they go with the basslnk since its such an elegant solution and spend money on nice speakers and sound deadening.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ej25goddess said:
Basslinks are fantasic solutions to add a bit of bass in any vehicle. Sure they arent a box with three JL subs and a huge amplifier that you can use to rattle windows as you drive down a street, but they round out music nicely. Most people put a large sub in their first car or two, then as their tastes mature they go with the basslnk since its such an elegant solution and spend money on nice speakers and sound deadening.
sorry that is you are mis-informed when it comes to specialized audio. Basslink is a bandaid, and I have yet to hear one that impressed me. Further most of my install are a single woofer in a custom tuned enclosure, which doesn't look like a birth defect in a car or a wiring abortion. They are all integrated, and as for amplifiers, the smallest one to fit the job both in power and size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts