Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not good with typing so I will type the most interesting paragraph on this month's TG, page 141 on the GranTurismo:

"But some of the soul has gone too. The GranTurismo is a very good car indeed, but it's not a hugely exciting one. It's probably what Maserati needed to do to re-establish itself as a genuinely credible player in a market dominated by some of the most credible players of all. And who can blame it? If dialling back on the passion and boosting the quality secures the future of one of the world's great automotive names, then so be it. But there's a faster, lighter, more focused car lurking within the GranTurismo, due to be unveiled soon. Roll on the real Maserati..."

Very interesting - I wonder what spec will this "real" Maser be... and how much it will cost?!? At the moment the GranTurismo is already standing at HK$1.538 mil. This is close slightly over 50% of a Ferrari 430. If they put out a "Gransport" version - and price it to HK$2+ mil, I seriously doubt whether anyone will pay that sort of crazy prices - for a car where some of the soul has gone...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
well, a V8 Vantage is already 2M in hkg... but they still sell out...
you are correct on the price towards a F430... esp considering the resale value of maserati's in hk.

again it is the speculation in the upcoming models.

i think it will first be the spyder, then a DS version of the GT (possibly a GS). i doubt it will be soon.

the fact is, when the QP Automatica came out, the sale is 9:1 for AT : DS. as soon as they start finishing the GT automatic orders, they might introduce the DS version to get more news exposure and to keep some of the fans happy.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the moment, I am wrestling with the idea of whether I should keep the MCV or not when my new toy comes around.

I was planning to get a QP... but then the Qp auto will not give me the same satisfaction as the MCV... plus i just love this shade of Victory Blu... apparently it's not a standard nor special colour... strange...

anyways I will need to see more of the "real" maserati before I will decide...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
skip the idea of a QP Automatica. you will not like it. you are spoiled by the MCV.

·
Registered
660 Posts
well, a V8 Vantage is already 2M in hkg... but they still sell out...
you are correct on the price towards a F430... esp considering the resale value of maserati's in hk.

again it is the speculation in the upcoming models.

i think it will first be the spyder, then a DS version of the GT (possibly a GS). i doubt it will be soon.

the fact is, when the QP Automatica came out, the sale is 9:1 for AT : DS. as soon as they start finishing the GT automatic orders, they might introduce the DS version to get more news exposure and to keep some of the fans happy.
Taking on that M!, on my return from NY the UK Maserati Club Newsletter was on my postbox. Usually a very credible source of information, given the close ties of the Club with factory.

In the Maserati News section on pp. 5, I read an article on the (alleged) new spyder photos which abound on Internet, and it says

Expect to see the same 405 hp V8 used in the GranTurismo under the hood of the Spyder when it goes on sale in 2009

:rolleyes:

So unless they are moving very fast on a new development, agree that new more focused model TopGear is talking about would not happen anytime soon. But hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i agree most likely they will not have anything over 405hp for now.
why? unless they want to piss off the new GT owners....

my speculation is that they will have a DS GT that might be called a GS...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts