Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whether or not the 06 QP multimedia unit can be swapped for the 09 unit? I've not seen the 09 unit, but just read an advertisment for the 09 QP which states it has a bose system with XM, ipod, USB, DVD/CD, NAVI and bluetooth support.

Would be nice if the primary head unit connections interfaced the same, but with additional connections for the OEM XM, ipod, and bluetooth modules.

--Nick

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have looked into it but it would require some major work and major money. Not worth it. Just upgrade your factory screen into a touch screen and get any option you are looking for.... Better Nav, Ipod, SAT Radio, HD Radio, Blue tooth, USB, pretty much anything you want and all touch screen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just upgrade your factory screen into a touch screen and get any option you are looking for.... Better Nav, Ipod, SAT Radio, HD Radio, Blue tooth, USB, pretty much anything you want and all touch screen.
You're referring to a process along the lines of this:

http://www.caraudiomag.com/technical/caep_0804_maserati_quattroporte/kenwood_touchscreen.html

I've considering this route, but just wanted to know about the possibility of interchanging the years.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know whether or not the 06 QP multimedia unit can be swapped for the 09 unit? I've not seen the 09 unit, but just read an advertisment for the 09 QP which states it has a bose system with XM, ipod, USB, DVD/CD, NAVI and bluetooth support.

Would be nice if the primary head unit connections interfaced the same, but with additional connections for the OEM XM, ipod, and bluetooth modules.

--Nick
i was fantasizing about that too, but the new bose headunit is unintuitive and hard to use. the nav screen resolution is fantastic, though

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was thinking about the same thing since the '09 unit is much improved. The dealer didn't seem to enthusiastic about it though. He said because they make such a limited number of them the unit price would be quite high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts