Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Insurance Yes.

Try Hagerty Insurance but be carefull what you say. Wanna save money? Then tell them is a car for pleasure use, you are planing to drive around 1500 to 2000 miles a year if that, make sure you have another car as a daily driver insured by any company out there, they will want your policy faxed to them along with the rest of the application documents filled and signed, you make sure you have a secured garage. All the info will go to their uderwrinting process and if everything sounds just like I've mentioned you'll get coverage for about 600 usd/year...yes again: $600/year on a $30k insured value and a little more if you want any extras, towing etc. This is a price for a policy covering an "02 MCC:):):).
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Also, you can try having your agent do a type 27 quote... This is a code my insurance co uses to do a special exotic car quote which is coustom. It works out to be the same as a more normal luxury car. This is a big problem as the Maserati brand is listed as "unbindable" by many companies. Get to know your agent and Good Luck!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Use it for what you want and need.... who knows what your deal is unless this is your only vehicle but then expect to unload your account every six months.
Good luck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Insurance

I have an '02 coupe and with $1000 deductible, agreed value of $44,350, good driving record, my insurance is $900/year plus $113/year to cover under my Excess policy and that's as an occasional driver. I have another car listed as my primary. Ridiculous right.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have looked at many insurance companies...

It's come down to Haggerty, Grundy and one other.. When I priced them all out for pleasure driving, around 2500 miles a year, the prices were all within 20 bucks of each other so I went with Haggerty....

I pay $732.00 a year for full coverage, 38.5k car value..

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
for former military or their dependents....

I pay around $650/yr for my '06 GS and 5K miles/yr through USAA insurance company.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just called State Farm and added it to my policies just like any other car (it was easy in both the US and Canada). Any run of the mill insurance company should be able to give you a quote.
when I called, some companies do not have Maserati listed and so some will either not insure it or will not insure it by itself w/o another car.

Allstate will only insure it if I insure all of my cars with them and they wanted 900 for 6 mos. but this is for 07 QP.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have Grundy. 03 Jag and 02 Maser are pleasure vehicles. $1300/yr full coverage for both vehicles. I do not have mileage limits on either.
Yes, I have both Saturns listed as primary vehicles with another insurance carrier.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had the Mas on my Geico policy, and that was $956/yr (with various discounts (multi car, good driver, etc.), and the estimated mileage fairly low as it isn't my daily driver - hard to really answer this question given all of the factors that go into insurance rates).

In the process of switching to Grundy, which is $634/yr with an agreed value and no mileage limits, but an agreement that the car will only be used for "pleasure" driving - i.e. not to work (which I don't use it for anyways).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts