Maserati Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Too bad those policies don't go higher than the 3k / 5k miles. I average about 10k/yr.

34 in AZ. 2016 Convertible runs $1900/year for $1k deductible. Clean record.

I work with an independent insurance agent to receive quotes all over, Travelers was the best price. A few places wouldn't actually quote the GT (Amfam). I just reviewed everything a week or so ago and everyone else was $400-$1000/yr more.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good news and I want to update my original concerns about the costs and coverage on the glass repair. Although Hagerty has a $60 limit on the glass repair and the Safelite estimate was $155, I was able to get it repaired at no cost to me. I'm not sure exactly why it was cheaper than their original estimate, but maybe because they are working with insurance. Worked out well, so I can still recommend Hagerty and hopefully this will be the only claim I'll need.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In Michigan, which probably has the highest rates in the country due to the no-fault insurance.

31yr old, 2013 GT MC (~15K miles)
~$1300 / 6 months
$500 deductible

I'll be doing some shopping in the next month or so to see if I can lower it.
I use the car as a DD from the moment the snow is gone (don't wanna deal with the salt) and keep driving until snow comes the next winter.
1300 for 6 months seems pretty high even for michigan, i live in metro detroit area granted mine is a year older, not an MC, more miles and i'm 41 but i pay 900 a year, it is garaged over the winter months so i get about 400 back unused....end of the day it costs me about $500/year....i basically pay 1/3rd what you pay....food for thought

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's pretty good no matter where you are. My final quote is under $1,100 SoCal, 3k miles a year, collector's insurance. Mostly collision and comprehensive costs, liability is only $57/yr.

They're expensive to fix but the insurance company knows I'm an old fuddy duddy slow poke driver.

·
Registered
95 Posts
State farm, Indiana, 54, clean record, all car/home policies through them, $500 deductible, 16 GTMC, $1078 per year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1300 for 6 months seems pretty high even for michigan, i live in metro detroit area granted mine is a year older, not an MC, more miles and i'm 41 but i pay 900 a year, it is garaged over the winter months so i get about 400 back unused....end of the day it costs me about $500/year....i basically pay 1/3rd what you pay....food for thought
Yup...will definitely be doing some shopping this spring. A friend had suggested Farm Bureau which i hadn't considered before.

Who do you have your insurance with if you don't mind me asking?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts