Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to lower my CC and at the same time stiffen the shocks and reduce body roll. I askek my dealer about simply lowering the skyhook suspension but he would not recomend it. Anyone has actually changed the spring, does affect the original suspension unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Changing the springs will not lower your ride height.

If you change the springs to stiffer alternatives you might throw the Skyhook software off balance.

I'm guessing that the software has been programmed with factory fitted spring rates and therefore works within specific parameters to achieve optimum handling. In which case, if you did change the springs the dampers would not behave properly and you might end up with problems. Alternatively the software might be "self learning" and automatically adjust to the new spring rates.

I would contact Maserati in Italy and talk to the technical department to see what can be done.

Regards,

J.P

·
Registered
94 Posts
Spring stiffness

Lowering the collar on the skyhook suspension will lower the car and it will also stiffen up the springs since there is less available room for rebound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
springs

One place to check is Carrozzeria Design in Irvine Ca since they have a lowering spring made for Maserati's (949 861 8863) with skyhook suspension.

Also, I've lowered mine by dialing down the coilovers and it works well. Front only 1/2" and rear 1" seems to work fine with skyhook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
garyst1024
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing