Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 04 Coupe GT on Saturday - but it came without the manuals :confused: . I've got a Masters degree in computer systems so I think I should have just enough smarts to work out the Info center... Unfortunately I can't seem to fathom how to make the damn thing go to its night setting. While driving back from the South on Saturday night, the choice was to either be blinded by the LCD or no radio to keep me awake. I was wondering if this should be an automatic sensor based feature and the thing should go to its night setting when it gets dark.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No info centre manual? Oh dear it is 122 pages long; you need a computer degree even with the manual.

The screen has a night setting triggered by turning the lights on........I think the "night" setting must be turned up too high, try pressing the button "Main Dark " on the right of the src button to dim it...........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Page 36....

... of my 'Info Centre' Manual says:

when you have the main screen showing in the display, press the right circular button (next to ESC). This brings up a 'hidden menu'. Go to 'Setup', using the right hand circular button, press it to select 'Setup'.

This gives you access to the Day and Night Brightness settings, along with the colour scheme you would like for your display. Choosing 'Automatic' switches the display to Night Mode when the side/headlights are switched on.

Use the right hand button to select 'OK'. There endeth the first lesson.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies everyone. However, last night I started up the car and just like that - the display went to the night setting. Looks like I have my first Warranty issue...

·
Registered
695 Posts
300zxtt said:
The screen has a night setting triggered by turning the lights on........I think the "night" setting must be turned up too high, try pressing the button "Main Dark " on the right of the src button to dim it...........
Was driving home from L.A. on Sunday around dusk and as it became darker I turned on the lights - yet the info center did not dim. Had the wife manually set the system to the night setting. It was working correctly before Sunday, but I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bcube said:
Was driving home from L.A. on Sunday around dusk and as it became darker I turned on the lights - yet the info center did not dim.
I always has the suspicion that the dimmer is trigger by the internal clock, not by an external sensor (there is no sensor anywhere near the InfoCenter)

·
Registered
695 Posts
dchao said:
I always has the suspicion that the dimmer is trigger by the internal clock, not by an external sensor (there is no sensor anywhere near the InfoCenter)
It's definitely not the dash clock as I had the wife fast-forward it twelve hours. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I noticed the other day as I was driving to work, and the sun was just coming up, my info center was clicking from bright to dim and back as I stopped at stop lights that shielded me from the rising sun. I had my headlights on and I was driving directly into the sun. Either something is wrong with my car (which being a quirky Italian vehicle is quite possible) or there is a light sensor somewhere on the dash or front of the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The QP Blaupunkt unit also has three settings for the sensitivity of automatic switching between day and night mode. I find that the middle one works the best. It switches to night mode in a tunnel, but not driving from shade to sun and back.

- Toffe

·
Registered
390 Posts
There's a setting to make it "dim" or not. In reality it just changes colors to a darker set, which is of no help. I turned that setting off, and I'm betting your previous owner did the same.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If I understand the system, the head unit has a small photo sensor next to the right knob (see photo). The other day, my unit was in the normal white with black letters. I put my finger over this little sensor, and the screen immediately went to the red/black "night" screen. When I took my finger off, it went right back to black/white screen.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts