Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What indicator light is orange with 3 horizontal lines and in vert line. It looks like a fog light, however I don't have fog lights and have never seen one on any 04-06 coupes or GS. Sorry to ask such a basic question but I don't have the book. thx ( I bet the answer is,"you can have the button without having the actual lights)

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
it's rear fog lights.
go look. ;)

About all they are good for is tapping them to get someone to back off tailgating you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never mind.. I just found this question was already asked on this list. It is for rear fog lights... who knew.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We can just drive backwards. I wonder if the "front" fog lights are wired to the bumper. question is can we get on ebay and find front fog lights with mounting bracket and just plug and play. does anyone have a pict of what the car looks like with fog lights.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
More On Fog Lights

What is really annoying is that all the manufacturers have decided fog lights are an appearance option. For "safety" reasons the fog lights only go on when the headlights are on. Of course fog lights work by aiming low and beneath the fog. The whole idea is that your regular headlights actually blind you by reflecting off the fog. So the whole factory fog light thing is a joke.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Purpose for "rear fogs".

Not sure if any of you know this but..... the rear fogs are/were designed to be turned on with really bad inclement weather in mind.
i.e. this is so that vehicles behind you can see where the corners of your vehicle are when approaching you and attempting to pass on either side of you.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure if any of you know this but..... the rear fogs are/were designed to be turned on with really bad inclement weather in mind.
i.e. this is so that vehicles behind you can see where the corners of your vehicle are when approaching you and attempting to pass on either side of you.
Living in Northern California, I'm a firm believer in rear fog lights. We get really dense, soupy fog, both on the coast and in the inland valleys. You'll see a car pass you, get 40-50' away, then it's gone. Just as is the case with rain, there are enough people around here who drive way too fast for the conditions to make me want to be really visible from the rear.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was wondering all that myself...huh, never heard of such a thing until my maserati...

I do have an indicator light question, what is the one that is a red "car" symbol with an arrow going up and also down through it? never seen it come on but still curious...and also, what does an "E" flashing where the temp in the center of the dash usually is mean? I can't find my manual...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Never been passed.

What does that feel like? :rolleyes:

I use my rear fog lights to send morse code messages to the guy disappearing in the distance. dot-dot-dash-dot (eat my fog)

·
Registered
255 Posts
what is the one that is a red "car" symbol with an arrow going up and also down through it? never seen it come on but still curious...
You don't want to see this one come on - it indicates a fault in the skyhook suspension system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts