Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting to receive my FD order any day now and was wondering if anyone can vouch for a good independent mechanic in the DC-metro area? I'm undecided about whether to install brake pads, lines and springs myself or to have a reputable independent do the work for me. I'll be heading to London in a week or two for a few months and may just decide to have the work done while I'm away.

Not that I don't want to have Maserati of Washington do the work but, there are just some things that I'd rather do myself or for a reasonable fee and some things that I'll defer to the dealer....

thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Installer

V.
I don't know if its too far for you, but I live in Baltimore, and there is a restoration place called Treasured Motorcars in Owings Mills that put the full FD kit (BMC filter,brakes, chip, springs) and a Tubi exhaust on my Coupe and did first rate work and are nice to boot. Shop manager is named Jim Booth; a guy from York, Pa. just scheduled to bring his car down! If you go, tell him Ron Johnson sent you. Total cost was about $1300. Hope it helps.
R.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V.
I don't know if its too far for you, but I live in Baltimore, and there is a restoration place called Treasured Motorcars in Owings Mills that put the full FD kit (BMC filter,brakes, chip, springs) and a Tubi exhaust on my Coupe and did first rate work and are nice to boot.
R.
Ron - thanks for the information. I'll give your guy a call. I normally work downtown (DC) but also have an office in Columbia...I could plan on working out of that office and just rent a car for the day. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shop

Don't know if Richard works on Masers but I'd ask him.

He is an independent Ferrari shop in Maryland. The company is Competizione.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts