Maserati Forum banner

Independent Maserati mechanic near Atlanta

28K views 57 replies 25 participants last post by  Jason@ Enzo`s Atlanta 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any independent maserati mechanics in Atlanta. My 06 QP is almost due for a new clutch. I was going to order the parts from Eurospares or Ricambi America whose prices are much cheaper than the stealer. But now my service advisor told me he has to get the ok for me to bring my own parts for service even though they are original maserati parts. The stealers' prices are almost double which is rediculous.

#3 ·
That's the same price they quoted me. We have no other choice here in atlanta besides Ferrari of Atlanta. Most of the time I just pay it and complain to myself later. But now I'm trying to save some money by getting the parts before service. They won't waranty the parts just the service and the parts must be Maserati OEM.

#4 ·
Atlanta Independent Service?

Did anyone ever find a place to take their Maserati in Atlanta besides the dealer? I'm moving to Atlanta in a couple of weeks, and although I just had my yearly oil change/service, I'm coming up on 30k miles and will probably need the 30k service toward the end of the year.

I also have other items I'd like someone less expensive to repair, if possible!

#6 ·
I will be moving to DFW real soon...who are/were you using for that area?

Thanks,
-kSloan
To be honest, I was using the dealership, Park Place. But now that the car is out of warranty, I probably used them for the last time last week for my yearly oil change ($480) and because I'm moving.

Park Place has been fairly reasonable for a dealer.

There are a lot of others on this board from Dallas that can probably give you some suggestions for Dallas, however.

#8 ·
YEP! I don't know what else they did because they sent me the bill in the mail as I was in a hurry to the airport... I think they do a few other things than JUST change the oil, but not much.

They also charged $300 to charge the battery (It never fully charged after getting new battery - not from dealer) and reset the computer so they could complete my yearly state inspection. Again, a little pricey but as I was in a hurry and didn't have time to do it myself, I just paid it.

#11 ·
Update to previous post:

The fluid distributor that we used to get Motul oil from has unfortunately gone out of business, and I can no longer run the $225 QP oil change. Due to the fact we're paying almost twice as much for oil now, for the time being an oil service is regular price $310+tax, except when we're running specials.
We try to keep our overhead costs and prices as low as possible for you guys, and will continue to do so.

-Philip

#13 ·
Hey Scott- Maserati recommends a 15k mile service interval.

That's fine if you're leasing your car, but if you own it I highly recommend an "in-between" oil change as well at the 7,500 mile mark. Even using the various pricey exotic synthetic oils that people put in these cars, after 15,000 miles it generally looks like mud when we change it.

The in-between oil change is just a little extra relatively cheap insurance for engine life.

#16 ·
Jim Ellis Maserati oil change

Hey guys just an fyi, we charge $270.00 for a oil change. Of course that with factory parts and factory approved synthetic oil. ( 5w-40) We have a great staff that includes a factory trained technician with over 6 years Maserati/Ferrari experience. This price is for wet sump cars, you will need to add $60 for a dry sump car. Please call or stop by with any questions.

Jim Ellis Maserati – 770-454-3333

#17 ·
I likely won't update the forum every time we have a price change on a service, so for interested forum members your best bet is to shoot me an email and let me know you're a ML forum member for pricing.
Our pricing structure relies heavily on how much I'm paying for parts and fluids, and I am constantly searching for better sources to keep my overhead and prices low, so they can (and will) change over time.

That being said, I briefly had no better choice than to purchase grossly over-priced oil and filters from the dealer which is why we bumped the oil change price. I have since found another distributor where I can source parts a semi-reasonable price level.

Still the same OE Maserati parts and filters, still top shelf oil and fluids as always, and we're back down to our normal price of $225 for ML members. That goes for wet sump and dry sump cars, as there is very little difference in the oil change procedure and no difference in cost.
-philip

#18 ·
Hey guys, I've been using Enzo's Automotive in Marietta for my Maserati and Ferrari services. They had a bunch of Maseratis in the shop. They do great work and I've known Enzo for many years.

Call Philip @ 770-956-0207 he will take good care of you guys.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words. We try..We have actually been fixing exotic cars in Atlanta back from in the 80`s..We used to fix all of Formula One Imports(by Bones on Piedmont) cars as well if anybody remembers that place..We were 1989 Atlanta magazine best exotic car repair..I can`t brag about 1989, but I can tell you we follow the same simple formula today..We fix your correctly with a small staff to keep cost down and that reflects on your bill. come and see us...

#20 ·
I'll vouch for them too. Very, very happy with their services and pricing. They are good people and good at what they do. Credit where credits due.

#22 ·
I've been there to look at cars several times and they always have a nice selection of luxury vehicles. I don't think they actually do any Maserati service though. They send it out?

#27 · (Edited)
Yup, I got my oil changed there today. They can also do the 25K and other scheduled service and inspection, apparently their tech came from a large Ferrari/Maserati dealership. While I was there they had a Ferrari 550 in for post purchase service. They also did a PPI for that buyer from TX. The SA was very hospitable, gave me tour of their shop, nice and clean. They had a Panamera, a 7 series, an E class and a Viper being serviced.

From their sales side they had a 360 Modena Spyder and a 430 Berlinetta on display, not a bad view while you wait.

Though a bit of a drive for me, nice to have another option in town.

#24 ·
Sorry to dig up an old thread but looking at some the prices for oil changes and general work seems comparable to what the Mercedes dealership charges. I had a 98 c280 for awhile and am now driving an 05 E500 and love it. So much bigger than the C class and enjoy the V8 so it's no real sticker shock for most of the work done if I do happen to luck up and get a Meserati.

#55 ·
Hello Jason,
I need some help finding a solution for my issue. I have a 2016 Ghibli with only a 32K miles in it. 6 month ago a power saving mode message came on and a vehicle didn't start a couple of times. A Maserati dealer replaced the battery (a proper way) but the power saving mode was still there because the battery kept dying for an unknown reason. Then they replaced the ABS Module saying that it was the issue. No it wasn't. Then they replaced the alternator but the issue is still exist. Now they are assuming that if they replacing the harness (potentially bad wiring) the issue will be solved. They are also assuming that I have a faulty control module.
Any suggestion? I already spent 5K and at this point I don't know what to do.
Thank you in advance...
This is the original diagnostic code: U0129 Lost communication with brake system control module.

Please help...
Robert 954-901-5452

#29 ·
Guys, we are still fixing these cars everyday..Many other ML members already know this..If you are in Atlanta call us if we can do anything for you ...770-956-0207....we are your dealer alternative in Atlanta for Maserati repair...Jason

#30 ·
#32 ·
Yeah, that does sound like a good deal...We are an independent shop so we obviously don`t have loaners etc. We are just cheaper overall as three people work in our shop and we have much lower overhead. We can repair stuff and not just replace it and also use aftermarket parts in some case were the dealer cannot...If your happy there than so be it...If you want try something different at some point than you know were to find us..regards..Jason