Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

In the process of buying an 02 coupe, and I'm looking around for a good shop in LA - preferably in the valley - any suggestions? I'm familiar with the Auto Gallery and Ferrari of BH, but as I'm out of the warranty, I'd like to find someone good, but maybe a little cheaper. Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
shop in LA - preferably in the valley

I have a 2003 Coupe Gt, I have been out of warranty for over a year. I use the Auto Gallery. I know I could go elsewhere, but my feeling is I would rather have the dealer stand behind the work on a car like ours. I work with Chuck and Max, I have found them to be more than fair price wise. I am aware that I do pay a higher shop rate even with the price break on some of the repair work. I have ordered some springs for my car and plan to have them installed at Auto Gallery, even though I will probably pay a couple hundred more $.

On a side note I had a Ferrari 308 GTS before the Coupe, and had tried to use FX a couple of times. They would never return a call. And a friend of mine had them work on his 430. He was never happy with what they did. He had to have some of the work corrected at Auto Gallery.:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. It has been hard to find any suggestions, perhaps because (relatively) few of this era of Maserati are out of warranty. Some names that have been mentioned:

Fusion Motorsports Chatsworth
Fillipo's Gran Turismo West LA
Tillack & Co Redondo
International Dreamcars Redondo
Le Garage Hermosa
Zero One Motorsports West LA

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with any of these shops?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. It has been hard to find any suggestions, perhaps because (relatively) few of this era of Maserati are out of warranty. Some names that have been mentioned:

Fusion Motorsports Chatsworth
Fillipo's Gran Turismo West LA
Tillack & Co Redondo
International Dreamcars Redondo
Le Garage Hermosa
Zero One Motorsports West LA

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with any of these shops?
I've had only good experiences with Tillack & Co.
They have worked on both my Ferrari and Maserati.

·
Registered
28 Posts
don't forget Armando!

A few L.A. guys from this site referred me to Armando at PACIFIC TIRE MOTORSPORTS in Redondo Beach.

He did the 18.5k service for my Spyder. I wouldn't take my car anywhere else!

I sent you PM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FX Performance: be careful

I too feel I must chime in on FX. I had much body work done there on my 2005 Coupe Cambiocorsa. They're obviously a high-level professional shop, but that means their standards should be the highest as well. Several times I had to point out flaws in their work. Once, I had to argue with them until they entirely re-did a job they had earned a B+ on. Even then they tried to charge me again. If it's a straightforward job, or if you're armed and ready to fight, by all means it'll get done. But I have to believe there are places to get better quality the first time without an argument. (I'm one of those guys who prefers not to argue!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like FX Performance recently sold out to FMBH anyway (going to be used as the dealer's bodyshop).. Stopped by their shop today to get a tire mounted and they told me to go to the dealer. ya, right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts