Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife took her newly acquired Maserati Spyder out on Sunday to take advantage of a rare warm sun filled spring day in the Pacific Northwest. We traveled north to the Skagit Valley on back roads to take advantage of the tulip festival. Sadly enough no tulips yet.

The drive was excellent and the Maserati was a dream to ride in. Top down and the exhaust purring, what a way to spend an afternoon with my wife!!!!
We stopped for shopping at a quaint little town, LaConnor, left some money there, then headed north again. We followed world famous Chuckanut Drive. This is a narrow twisty little road on the very edge of Puget Sound, several hundred feet above the shoreline. We ended up in Bellingham Washington for a fine fresh halibut dinner.

The ride home down I-5 freeway was fast and very enjoyable. Of course the entire ride was with the top down. All in all we traveled over 150 miles in high style and comfort. The more we use this car the more we love it. We are very pleased to have purchased this great automobile.

Howard and Candy
tr0768
Maserati spyder
1918 Ferrari 308gtsi
2 many brass era cars

·
Registered
217 Posts
Greetings from nearby Mukilteo. Thanks for sharing your excitement. I look forward to hitting Chuckanut drive in the Coupe here shortly. I've always wanted to cruise that stretch of road in something that can appreciate all the twists and turns.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wish we had some nice curvy roads here in FL. Dream of taking it to Europe and drive through the Alps at dangerously high speeds. Driving these cars is great therapy for everyday stress!

·
Registered
624 Posts
My wife took her newly acquired Maserati Spyder out on Sunday to take advantage of a rare warm sun filled spring day in the Pacific Northwest. We traveled north to the Skagit Valley on back roads to take advantage of the tulip festival. Sadly enough no tulips yet.

The drive was excellent and the Maserati was a dream to ride in. Top down and the exhaust purring, what a way to spend an afternoon with my wife!!!!
We stopped for shopping at a quaint little town, LaConnor, left some money there, then headed north again. We followed world famous Chuckanut Drive. This is a narrow twisty little road on the very edge of Puget Sound, several hundred feet above the shoreline. We ended up in Bellingham Washington for a fine fresh halibut dinner.

The ride home down I-5 freeway was fast and very enjoyable. Of course the entire ride was with the top down. All in all we traveled over 150 miles in high style and comfort. The more we use this car the more we love it. We are very pleased to have purchased this great automobile.

Howard and Candy
tr0768
Maserati spyder
1918 Ferrari 308gtsi
2 many brass era cars
Thx allot for sharing, sounds like a perfect day. I shut my eyes and day dreamed for a minute! All we have are muddy lakes around here..lol...but still the roads are twisty and actually the views aren't horrible. You inspired me, I'm going driving at lunch!

S-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tr0768,
You don't say which year your wife's spider is. I have an 03 car which I love to bits but I do find the scuttle shake on secondary or rough roads unsatisfactory. I find that using Sport Mode seems to minimise it. Have you found the same?
BTW I have run the car at well over 130mph on the Isle of Man TT circuit over the mountains and it is fantastic. Full stop!
Stuart

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stuarrt

I have some shake on accel around 57 mph to 65. It appears to be torque related in the left rear wheel/suspension. I have had the new tires balanced and rebalanced.

I have the Formula Dynamics transmission shift reprogram. The shifts snap off crisply with sharp engagement. We purchased our Maserati in Las Vegas and drove it home after the reprograming. Our top speed was 130 and we mostly cruised around 95. Aside from the 57 to 65 vibration it was smooth and damn fast.

Would like to hear from other spyder owners thast have had this minor irritation.

Howard
02 Maserati spyder
1981 Ferrari 308gtsi
2 many brass era cars:cool:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Would like to hear from other spyder owners that have had this minor irritation.
Howard - thanks for sharing that ride. The wife & I just again started enjoying our trips to the country here in VA and love riding with the top down. As far as shake, I have an '06 with the FD springs installed. I've noticed that when I take the car out cold from the garage, I experience cowl shake w/in the first mile of driving at around 25-30 MPH. But....for only about a minute or less. It seems that it somehow works its way out, or warms up (hmm maybe it's the tires flatspotting till their warm). Anyway, I have had mine up to 155 on the track and she was as stable as if it was 90MPH on the interstate so, I'm wondering if there are suspension or tire issues with those of you that are noticing it all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts