Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I have a coupe and I just received the QP owners In-Car Electronics survey. Makes me think they may consider retrofit kits (Please, please)

-dsd

·
Registered
49 Posts
"hard data"

dsd - I am afraid the dream of retrofitting might be a little much to hope - but I am all with you!

Perhaps it is a question about switching suppliers (or giving a really hard time to the current ones) and they need some "hard data" to support it. Otherwise the purchasing department will be perfectly happy with the current supplier for an item that do not consider critical to the success of the car... I know a little about the Fiat group purchasing practices...

So, please, fill up the survey, and perhaps we all can raise our hopes a little for the next gen..

:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those who did not get the survey, they actually asked how much would I be willing to pay for ipod retrofit, sat radio retrofit, bluetooth retrofit, as well as, how important those things are preinstalled.

Not sure how else to interpret that.

-dsd

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah, I got the survey too. Don't own a Quattroporte, but have the Coupe. I filled it out as if it was for a Coupe. Even mentioned it down in the "comment" section that seamless integration with XM Radio would be great.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, I got the survey too. Don't own a Quattroporte, but have the Coupe. I filled it out as if it was for a Coupe. Even mentioned it down in the "comment" section that seamless integration with XM Radio would be great.
Their database is aweful, I got the survey too (not a QP owner either), and I would not do the survey as I didn't think they will do anything for us. Now they have this new baby GT and they're going after the MBZ/BMW markets, we are worthless for them. They are conducting the survey because MBZ/BMW have them. :mad:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their database is aweful, I got the survey too (not a QP owner either), and I would not do the survey as I didn't think they will do anything for us. Now they have this new baby GT and they're going after the MBZ/BMW markets, we are worthless for them. They are conducting the survey because MBZ/BMW have them. :mad:
I hope they do something for us. If the new GT does not have all these gizmos they will be laughed out of the luxo-box segment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On that note, has anyone changed their deck for something with more features?

I remember back in the 80s when I would laugh at people with cell phones (chumps)... now I have one surgically attached to my ear. Navigation is the same way... I used to think if you need a Nav system you don’t deserve a car but after having one, I'm thinking about having it surgically attached to my face.

Bluetooth, not so much, I am not a big fan of speaker phone conversations for either party. But MP3s and Satellite Radio is a must.

I am looking at this JVC unit. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I've been using my Garmin Nuvi as my Nav + Handsfree (bluetoothed to my Blackberry Pearl). Works perfectly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a GS and want to change decks get a flip up unit.

I would go with:

Kenwood KVT-819DVD DVD Receiver
Kenwood KCA-iP300v iPod Control Interface
Kenwood KNA-G510 Add-on GPS Navigation

A lot of bang for the buck!

-dsd

·
Registered
695 Posts
BlueTooth a must: Handsfree is the only way for me - 1)Next year, cell phones are banned (except handsfree) while driving in Kali and 2) I don't like having a headset in or around my ear.

Ipod Connectivity: Why subscribe to Satellite Radio when my Ipod has all the music I personally selected for my listening pleasure.

Sat Radio: don't care - won't subscribe

Nav: don't care. Add the right features and I might buy, but technology marches on quicker than car upgrades. Cheaper and more efficient to buy a Portable unit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats cool about the Kenwood system listed is the Nav maps are done by Garmin and they provide the map updates :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
in terms of sound quality

the eclipse units are superior to the kenwood (imo)
I have had both installed in my cars at one point or another and the eclipse really is in another league.

eclispe makes some very inovative, user-friendly units that are oem for the makes of lexus, inifiniti, and toyota.

I second blue tooth- have one in my coupe gt and could no live without it- the adapter is by parrot.

i have ipod as well but do subscribe to xm to listen to new music. i also have xm stocks, xm weather and xm traffic.

my current nav is a garmin unit hacked into the existing oem stereo and screen. it is unseen and works flawlessly.

to finish out the sound issue- focal speakers- there is no substitute.

·
Registered
518 Posts
is blue connect making an inteface to work with the maserers? I have yet to see thier updated catalog...or are you using the parrot unit itself without integration into the oem hands free system?

Dipakp is correct on the Eclipse AVN units...there is nothing like them...thier dash units are sick

going to have to disagree on the opinion of Focal but other then that I am def with you...

BTW were you going to post pics of your K40 install? I am still trying to figure out where to mount my LEDs

·
Registered
177 Posts
hey there head

i am using a parrot unit that does not need to interface with the oem.
it had a screen, etc... that i have stealth mounted in the ashtry under the "maserati" cover
it works very well.
i have looked into it and there is no way that i am aware of to make it work with oem- and believe me i have hacked the oem quite a bit.
in terms of focal speakers- what else do you prefer to their sound?
i agree that at times they can be a bit bright but in a well matched and calibrated system i have yet to find their equal (except for some of the older mb quart stuff)
this i what i use:
http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/ck3100-lcd

·
Registered
518 Posts
My fav components at the moment are my Oz Matrix Elite 3-way units currently installed in my X5...they have a great tonal balance and a nice punchy low end that really brings a nice front stage plus as you mentioned the Focal units can be a little bright which is one of my displeasures with them... I have a set of the Martix 2-way for the Maser but I have not decided on what else to install yet with them for amplificication and the remaining sound components...Looking towards Arc or JBL for amps but not sure yet still kicking it around...refitting my Mustang to be used as a regional sound car for eclipse right now so I have not had much time to focus on the maser's sound system...as for the parrot interface they are great I am considering adding a CK3000 (I dont really see the need for the LCD screen plus it is easier to hide)

as a side note does anyone know what size the rear package tray speakers are in the Maser coupes?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i am using a parrot unit that does not need to interface with the oem.
it had a screen, etc... that i have stealth mounted in the ashtry under the "maserati" cover
it works very well.
i have looked into it and there is no way that i am aware of to make it work with oem- and believe me i have hacked the oem quite a bit.
in terms of focal speakers- what else do you prefer to their sound?
i agree that at times they can be a bit bright but in a well matched and calibrated system i have yet to find their equal (except for some of the older mb quart stuff)
this i what i use:
http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/ck3100-lcd
Dipak, I'm so surprised to hear that the OEM is hard to hack :)
How's the Parrot working for you? Can you post pics? Thanks!

Buzz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts