Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now driven the car very hard and got use to the "change".

Phil and the guys and Eurotek really know what they are doing. This car is awsome now. It pulls like a mother to around 135mph and I mean hard. The car revs fast and bolts like a jet when you shift gears, there is very little if any hesitation between shifts.

I will be doing more business with these guys. I have always had high perfromance cars and I can assure you this is the single most impressive improvement I have ever done without spending SERIOUS money, for $2200 this is a steal.

Christian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know where that comes from, I am a happy client of theres. I am located in Memphis, TN and am an Electrical Engineer. They are in NY.

My company is www.avartistry.com

Believe what you want but there ECU remapping is absolutely awsome, I thought I would share since there are so many skeptics on these forums discussing the remapping.

Christian

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not a skeptic but would appreciate ANY hard numbers to back up the claims.
Has you car been dynoed before and after?
Any track numbers?
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not have track times, I don't need them.

I have had many cars, Porsche 993, 996, 996TT, 928GTS, etc etc

I can assure you there claims are pretty close to accurate. My Coupe always ran strong and shifted very well unlike other's I have heard about. Now, the car has tremendous tourque, extemely noticible, and it shifts even faster and smoother than it did. This car always thru me back when I nailed it in the 1st 2 gears especially. Now the car will lift you in the 1st 2 gears and throw you back hard in 3rd and 4th.

You won't spend $2500 and get performance like this on any highend car IMO. I chipped all my Porsches and the only one that was comparable in the ioncrease power was the 996TT.

Christian

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dont get me wrong.. I've remapped my ECU too. I believe in how these things work. All I am saying is that u sound like an ad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello guys well you cant bash his enthusiasm for the upgrade he is just happy so give him that. It was Eurotek that made him a more enthusiastic Maserati owner as he had many complaints coming from a 996 Turbo.

I dont think he sounds any more like and AD as does LUNG always mentioning DMSAUTO in the UK meanwhile a majority of members interested on here are in the US which makes that option not even practical.

And yes Christian made a great point you can not get this performance from a BMW, Mercedes Ferrari or Porsche for less, Ok maybe a Porsche and that is a GIAC chip nightmare so there is validity in this statment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My milage is worse, I find myself punching the gas much more often. :lol:

Seriously though, I have never met Philip but I can assure you this upgrade is well worth the money.

Christian

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there any special fuel requirement for the ECU mod? Around here, pretty much the best we have is 91 octane premium.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
151 Posts
I guess there is a practical aspect on where u are located. i.e. the US or the UK.

Either way, ECU upgrades do work. I had my ECUs upgraded on both my GS and my 355. Both work in similar fashion ability to pull longer on the gears and more top end.

Christian, I do not mean to dampen ur enthusiasm. Keep up the joy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lung7707 said:
I guess there is a practical aspect on where u are located. i.e. the US or the UK.

Either way, ECU upgrades do work. I had my ECUs upgraded on both my GS and my 355. Both work in similar fashion ability to pull longer on the gears and more top end.

Christian, I do not mean to dampen ur enthusiasm. Keep up the joy!
How would you compare the GS to the 355 in a straight line and all out power since they have both been upgraded?

Christian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The ecu is in the passenger kick panel, it's very easy to remove.

I am sure Philip will retune the ecu to your liking.

Christian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
Christian
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing