Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you have the misfortune to have your immobiliser stay on and stop the car from starting here's what I learnt after 2 hours of frustration.

1.) Follow the emergency starting procedure in the manual re pressing the accelarator 5 times to follow your Key Code sequence.

2.) Realise after 1 hr 48 mins that the 5 digit code is NOT on the red card that says Code Card (this has 7 digits :rolleyes: )

3.) Use the 5 digit code on the KEY CARD !

4.) Start the car (hooray !)

5.) This will allow you to drive, but the immobiliser will stay on meaning you have to do the sequence every time you start the car.

6.) Disconnect the battery for 2 mins

7.) Do the Key Code sequence again and hey presto ! all back to normal :D

Alternatively you could get recovered to your local dealer and pay them to do that.

Just thought I'd share my experience in the pouring rain last night, in the hope that someone benefits !

CJ

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Troubles..

sorry to hear of your troubles. why did the car go into immobiliser mode?
They were only troubles because I was trying to put the wrong code in ! Had I used the right one first time it would have been a 3 minute niggle.

It must be a common problem if they put it in the manual and Marios at Autoshield in Manchester gave me the battery tip.

All is as well as ever and in fact, getting the ecu to re-set itself seems to have the car running better than ever. I must do too much commuting and not enough blasting round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts