Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it was brought to the US. Was the Bi-Turbo sold through Chrysler? I am saying no but a friend is saying yes. Does anyone know the history on the BiTurbo in the US? Years, etc...??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maserati BiTurbos at Dealers

They were sold at dealerships. Mine was originally purchased in 1986 at Steve Kessler Motorcars in Manhattan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What dealership? What brand was it sold through?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your friend may be thinking about that Chrysler-Maserati TC convertible.

How it used to work in Edmonton was there was never a Maserati dealership, but there were two companies in town "Italmotors" and "Pioneer Auto" that dealt in those types of cars as well as Alfas and Citroen and you could put in orders through them.

Tory

·
Registered
1 Posts
Biturbo Distribution

There where originally two private companies that owned the rights to market and sell Maserati in the US. One had the east coast the other the west. They ultimately became one company in the later 80's.
My best friend from high schools father worked for them the entire time the sold biturbos and QP's through the 80's and early 90's. He would sell dealerships and then sell them cars. They where not marketed through Chrysler. I have his original company car; a 84 coupe.
Walker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not a Chrysler

Dear Voila:

I can not tell you the number of parts stores that try to tell me that my Biturbo is a Chrysler. I try not to be rude, but I let them know that they are confusing my car with the "Chrysler TC by Maserati". The Biturbo was never sold by Chrysler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maserati today are sold mostly through high end Ferrari/Bentley Dealers or through Exotic Car Brokers.

Back in the 80s in Milwaukee they were also sold through a Jaguar dealership that I can recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
GONENSEC
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing