Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought an 06 Quattroporte (Duo-Select) Base. This is my first Maserati. I'm thinking about changing the exhaust and the x-pipe. I need some suggestion here, which one is better, Tubi or Larini? Does anyone have a price range for either one of them?
Since my budget is limited, I'm also thinking about getting the used one. But I've never found one till now. So does anyone know where or who is selling it?

Also, I have a problem with parking. It seems that I couldn't park on downhill or uphill position. Car always moves even though I put the handbrake on. Any idea about that?

Thanks
:)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
For Larinis (which was my choice) and Tubis you should speak to Jeff at Formula Dynamics (a sponsor of this site).

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just bought an 06 Quattroporte (Duo-Select) Base. This is my first Maserati. I'm thinking about changing the exhaust and the x-pipe. I need some suggestion here, which one is better, Tubi or Larini? Does anyone have a price range for either one of them?
Since my budget is limited, I'm also thinking about getting the used one. But I've never found one till now. So does anyone know where or who is selling it?

Also, I have a problem with parking. It seems that I couldn't park on downhill or uphill position. Car always moves even though I put the handbrake on. Any idea about that?

Thanks
:)
Halim,
never back up hill with your car, it will burn up the clutch! Also the hand brakes on these cars are famous for not holding that well. It's best to turn the wheels into the curb if you have to park on an incline and then set the brake as well. Always leave the car in gear as well. As for the exhaust, I have after many hours of research in regard to performance, sound, and everything else gone with Larini and Jeff because I can't get better products nor better service anywhere else on the planet.
Welcome to the Maserati Family!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to BigFoot and GrndLkNatv.

I didn't know it could burn my clutch, well, thank you for the information. Clutch is really big issue for Maserati, isn't it? But how do you leave the gear?

For the exhaust, Larini sounds to be the winner here. I guess I might consider getting Larini then. Does the X-pipe really make a big difference, though?

Jeff, I'll definitely give you a call some time around next week. everyone here always saying a good thing about you. Can't wait to talk to you, soon.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks to BigFoot and GrndLkNatv.

I didn't know it could burn my clutch, well, thank you for the information. Clutch is really big issue for Maserati, isn't it? But how do you leave the gear?

For the exhaust, Larini sounds to be the winner here. I guess I might consider getting Larini then. Does the X-pipe really make a big difference, though?

Jeff, I'll definitely give you a call some time around next week. everyone here always saying a good thing about you. Can't wait to talk to you, soon.
Halim,
once you have parked the car, chock the wheels so they car would turn against the kerb if it started to roll, pull on the emergency brake, then put the car in neutral, turn off the key and then before the power goes completely off pull the right paddle once so it goes into first gear.
I am getting ready to put the Larini set on my car this coming week, the snow here this week has kept me from working on my car, so this coming week will be Larini by-pass and X-pipe and a full write up for everyone here so they know how to put it on, how it helps, what it sounds like. I have a in car camera that will show the sound difference, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey GrndLkNatv,
I've been busy nowadays, so havent got any chance to reply.
Thanks for the instruction. How's your car? Have you installed the Larini exhaust and x-pipe? If so, I would like to hear its sound. Could you post it?
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. How's it sound from the inside?

Any thoughts on X-OST or Stebro?

For Jeff, could you give me the best offer on Larini exhaust and x-pipe? just send me a pm. I would like to call you and discuss with you but I haven't got a right time to. Thanks

·
5,887 Posts
Cool. How's it sound from the inside?

Any thoughts on X-OST or Stebro?

For Jeff, could you give me the best offer on Larini exhaust and x-pipe? just send me a pm. I would like to call you and discuss with you but I haven't got a right time to. Thanks
Sounds great from inside and outside the car. Not too loud but a noticable improvement.

Here is a video of a QP with a Larini exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65QCZ03XJN0

Check out Jeff's website. Everything you need should be listed there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
581 Posts
Have the brake issue checked out. On my coupe the brake wire had come disconnected on one of the wheels. Not hard to figure out if you can get the car up on a lift. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.