Maserati Forum banner

How do you want your aftermarket exhaust on your Maserati to sound?

• I want it loud!!!!!!

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I want it louder than the original but not to the point where my neighbors hate me.

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Very close to the original.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of sound is optimal for you? When we release our exhaust we want to have 3 levels of sound, we're just trying to get an idea of which is the most desired so we do not under or over manufacture a certain one. All feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, very good thing I made this thread. Suprised at the results so far, figured loud would be more popular.

I was assuming 50% of exhausts we made would be a loud version, 40% the in between, and 10% quiet. Of course that's going to change.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's invaluable to me!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I want it loud at revs. I want people a block away saying "hear that high-rev exotic?". But more mellow at neighborhood crusing. My Viper is a different story. I like setting off my neighbor's alarms (both auto and home glass break detectors). Good thing we get along!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kevin,

great research you are doing here. I actually was going to custom build my system with electronic butterflies going from Tubi loud mufflers to straight pipes at the push of a button. Similar to Kreissig, but much simpler with elec butterflies. I would link it to the suspesion switch where sport is straight pipes and tour is muffled.

I have seen RPM actuated butterflies based on trottle position I believe. That was the most bad ass. a little more tech and a really fast butterfly.

I would not lock yourself in to one sound per system. It does not cost much more to use butterflies. they are less than 150 each retail. the wiring is easy and they will only have to cut out around the muffler section and loop back to the tips.

good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
The best exhaust system on a street car like a Maserati Coupe/GS/Q4 would be a progressive one with RPM actuated butterflies based on throttle position. I enjoy the squeal when I wind it up, but down low it cannot be tolerated. If I want to be obnoxious I’m going to a buy obnoxious car; obnoxious Maserati is not.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
The best sounding exhaust I have heard on a Maserati is Opec's. You can be 5 cars in front of him in around a city block and you'll hear the blips in the downshifts. We need to get that video from the rally posted (note to self).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts