Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not a fan of Pirelli tires ( aka “tyres“for you folks across the pond ;) ) , but I do like their line of sneakers. I have about four pairs, in different color combos, and particularly like the soles of the shoe because they have a Pirelli tire tread design . They have at least two different tread designs, could be more.. Here are a few photos, I pulled some off the internet because my soles are pretty worn down so the tread would not come out well in the photo, and I’m too lazy to go look for mine in various closets to take pictures now..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I would rock those....
Currently sportin' Taft shoes right now.
My Taft's.jpg

Reactions: DSGT

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually don’t wear sneakers, the Pirellis are the only ones, and also worn only when I go to sporting events ( which means they sat in the closet for more than four months now ..)
All my casual shoes are JP Tod loafers, the majority of which have rubber soles so they double perfectly as driving shoes !! Embarrassing to admit I have more than fifty pairs of those, which outnumber my wife’s entire shone collection . Shoes and watches.. sort of a fetish I suppose. 🙃
Not that many dress shoes anymore, the entire company has been “ everyday casual “ for over 10 years now ..

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
916 Posts
DSGT wrote: "I pulled some off the internet because my soles are pretty worn down so the tread would not come out well in the photo"

Sounds like the sneakers suffer from the SAME problem as the tires!!! - LOL

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
DSGT wrote: "I pulled some off the internet because my soles are pretty worn down so the tread would not come out well in the photo"

lol
I usually don’t wear sneakers, the Pirellis are the only ones, and also worn only when I go to sporting events ( which means they sat in the closet for more than four months now ..)
All my casual shoes are JP Tod loafers, the majority of which have rubber soles so they double perfectly as driving shoes !! Embarrassing to admit I have more than fifty pairs of those, which outnumber my wife’s entire shone collection . Shoes and watches.. sort of a fetish I suppose. 🙃
Not that many dress shoes anymore, the entire company has been “ everyday casual “ for over 10 years now ..
I feel you on the shoe fetish, I keep an abundance of fashionable sneaks as I like to call them. Currently have every sneak that Taft makes, only about 10-12 pair... lol

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
🤣.

maybe I need a feet alignment ! ( and none of you wise guys better say something like “ just the front, or all four ? “ 🤨 )

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
🤣.

maybe I need a feet alignment ! ( and none of you wise guys better say something like “ just the front, or all four ? “ 🤨 )
😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
🤣.

What's the cost for a pair of those Pirelli's???

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
916 Posts
🤣.

"TOE" IN?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
About $ 225-$250 range if I remember.. for the suede ones, a but less for the synthetic ones. I’ve had them for a long time, so my memory fails me . Also, I think they stopped making them years ago, so they should be on eBay, for maybe half of the list prices , ( new onesthat is ,left over stock sells very cheaply ( usually.. )

“Toe-in“ , :D..
yes of course, toe-out would be when driving wearing sandals or flip flops or barefoot ..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice shoes! Those look cool for a guy not for a girl though, not my style. Will need to get custom heels/wedges with a Maserati logo for me lol.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easy solution , here you go ; ladies driving shoes and self adhesive 2” decals you can affix to the wedge heels ;):p

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, if you look carefully at those , the label reads “Peelelli “, Walmart’s proprietary brand .
BTW, the new terminology for flip-flops is “ thong sandals ..“ , so don’t confuse the 85 year old greeter by asking where the flip flops are ..

·
Registered
88 Posts
OMGGG NOW WE ARE TALKING! HAHA! :p
Easy solution , here you go ; ladies driving shoes and self adhesive 2” decals you can affix to the wedge heels ;):p

Reactions: billgt1

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just trying to find some humor , and as often as possible , as a defense mechanism to keep my sanity during these otherwise insane times we’re experiencing ..

4,266 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts