Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove about 35 miles to a restaurant last night. When I arrived and was at a stop light, the RPM's started to bouncing (surge). It did this a few times and the car shut off. When I started the car, it went away until I stopped at a light again. The same surging started to happen. If I gave it light gas while stopped it would prevent it from shutting down. Any idea's?

I recently installed an air filter.
It is a 6-speed manual. Clutch, PP, TO bearing, flywheel are fairly new.
Battery or alternator maybe?
MAF sensor maybe?

Thanks guys,
Ben

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I have an idea.

I had four people in the back of the car....it started to happen right after that.
Could it have been the weight? It there a torque sensor? Weight sensor?

Driving around today, I have had no problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We see this often and is usually a purge valvle that is stuck open. May be many other items but 9 out of ten is a purge valve. Useally stuck open by a piece of carbon from the vapor canister. both should be replaced together. likely still under warranty.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We see this often and is usually a purge valvle that is stuck open. May be many other items but 9 out of ten is a purge valve. Useally stuck open by a piece of carbon from the vapor canister. both should be replaced together. likely still under warranty.
Is the purge valve an emissions item? Is that why it's still covered under warranty? If not, is it something I can do by myself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it is not the purge valve consider connectors from accelerator potentiometer to computer and comp to throttle body. My mechanic hard wired mine nad its a different car,
At one stage it did 5000revs autonomously and another time I had nothing but idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts