Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only strange thing i've noticed in my GS, is the smell of washer fluid when i'm driving really hard and fast on mountain bends. It seems like washer fluid leaks inside the car.

I remember someone else mentioned the same problem when hard cornering, but i can't find his post.

Can someone please explain why this happens and how to fix it?

Thank you.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You know, I thought it was just me going crazy. I smell it after a long right hand "skid pad" type exit ramps.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh no its not just you, its just that we are all crazy! :D

no seriously, this could be important if washer fluid goes in the cabin... unless the spill is outside but the smell is carried over by the vents.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have noticed the same thing on mine since day one.... or maybe day three when I started taking onramps hard. I think washer fluid spills onto the plastic cowl vent piece left side on RH "skidpad" turns. You can see residue on the cowl plastic from outside the car behind the hood's rear edge.

When I smell washer fluid, I know I'm driving the bugger.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you please provide a picture of the residue or the area were you think it spills fluid?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.