Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i need the Set up cd of Navigation system for my 4200 gt ( 2002)
i need this cd cause i can't change the audio language ( actually is in deutsch and i want the french audio language)
please give me an adress to buy this cd new or used
thanks so much

·
Registered
635 Posts
Barbuckle had posted this awhile back:

...my '02 coupe also "spoke Italian" when I first got it. You have to use the Navtech CD and service menu to load a different language into the system. I had the dealer fax me the instructions for this - it takes about 20 minutes.
Here is the full procedure:

a...ignition turned off
b...press left round button to turn system on
c...wait for initial Maserati logo to turn off
d...immediately press 'Main'
e...press 'Enter'(right hand knob)
f...press and hold "Audio off" for 5 seconds
g...press '1'
h...press '2'
i...press '3'
j...press 'Enter'(right hand knob)
k...turn right knob until 'Service' is highlighted
l...press 'Enter'(right hand knob)
m... select 'Voice Recognition Language' from the menu by turning the right knob and pressing enter
n... select 'English'
o...press 'Enter', and follow the on screen prompts waiting for the procedure to finish

The procedure must be completed without delay between the individual stages, sequence of button pressing should take no longer than 10 seconds. If 'Service' menu is not displayed turn off the system and repeat the procedure (faster). If the information system is not equipped with the telephone function the 'Voice Recognition Language' will not be displayed in the menu."""

Mike
'02 GT Coupe

·
Registered
255 Posts
As far as the CD goes I am looking at it right now and it appears to be a standard Navteq On Board satnav map disc.
Try contacting them for a disc. www.navteq.com

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am still shocked that NAVTECH does not have any CD's newer than the 2003-I set that came with the cars. I sent an e-mail to their tech folks asking if there were any updates yet and they said the 2003-I set for the Maserati is still the current set for the USA and that I should check with my local Maserati dealer for further information.

So, I talked to Maserati of Seattle on Friday. They said NAVTECH is "supposed" to have a new map set for Maserati "in the next year or so". :mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have only the cd navteq for france ( benelux..)
what i have to do ? to hear the voice in french language
thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Try following the instructions in the second post in this thread! I had only the single UK map disc that came with the car and it worked for me.
Getting into the setup menu can be a bit fiddly if you are too slow with button presses but it does work (and it did take about 20 minutes to complete the procedure)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i arrive in the set up but when i put the right language audio ( french for me) i have a message : insert set up cd to change the language audio .
i have not the set up cd
i have only the two cd navteq ( french map south et north)
what i have to do
thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi Hart07:

I think I know what you mean now. I just went and looked at mine. My language selection is "Grayed out", so I can't even choose anything other that English.

I think your only choice is as Mark (Maserati of Minneapolis) said, and that is to go to your nearest Maserati dealer since they are the only folks who have the "Setup CD" which would be needed to install the language you need.

To my knowledge, nobody on this board has a copy of the "Setup CD", its only at the dealers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Okay - one more post on this...

The Navtech map CD has a folder called VOC (Voice Commands?)
In that folder you find 8 language subfolders.(French, Italian, English, German, etc). In these you find .ADC files which I assume have the spoken messages encoded. I am guessing this is where the setup program in the car looks for language files.

I recently purchased 2006/7 disc set for Europe and all the map discs (including the French CDs) have this VOC folder.

I am surprised if you cannot change the language without going to the dealer for a "special CD"?
Like I say - it worked for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i recently purchased the 2006 Navtech cd, but i can't get ANY voice commands coming out of the thing....Italian, English or even gibberish!!

if i follow the whole routine mentioned earlier in this thread, the voice recognition optin is missing, so that's probably due to not having the phone option installed. There is another option (can't remember what it is though as i'm not near the car at the mo') and that is currently set to Italian...not that i can hear that.

I expect that i need the dealer to change it to english, but i'm more concerned that i can't hear any spoken language whatsoever...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Exact !
I have same problem ! I change the text language but can not change the language spoken..need the cd setup too..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi every one hope some one can help i have a 2005 4200 gt, i brpought form a non maserati dealer and no cd present for the sat nav, they sent me one in the post but system does nmnot reconise there is a cd in there any test i can do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts