Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car in probably about 5 times now for a whining clutch and very jerky shift from a stop. The clutch is in good shape with the tech telling me it's 90+%

My car is out of warranty in a few months and now I think they are just trying to ignore me and say "that's how it came from the factory" BS.

Advice? Should I contact Maserati of North America?

I just hate getting treated like this. I am also a forum owner of one of the other exotic/lifestyle forums and do not want to start a public feud with them.

I walk in there and they treat my like I am the Predator or Patrick Swayze in Ghost. :) Sure, an early 30's guy with some jeans, ballcap and dark sunglasses on is probably not their normal clientèle...but still.

Very Annoyed in Chicago!

Ray

·
Registered
340 Posts
If the clutch is squeeling starting in first gear then it may be the pilot bearing or throw-out bearing. There is a campaign to replace the pilot bearing in this situation.

You may have to visit another dealership if the first won't help you out. Best to get this covered while the car is under warranty as it is an expensive repair otherwise.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have had my car in probably about 5 times now for a whining clutch and very jerky shift from a stop. The clutch is in good shape with the tech telling me it's 90+%

My car is out of warranty in a few months and now I think they are just trying to ignore me and say "that's how it came from the factory" BS.

I just hate getting treated like this. I am also a forum owner of one of the other exotic/lifestyle forums and do not want to start a public feud with them.

I walk in there and they treat my like I am the Predator or Patrick Swayze in Ghost. :) Sure, an early 30's guy with some jeans, ballcap and dark sunglasses on is probably not their normal clientèle...but still.

Very Annoyed in Chicago!

Ray
hey Ray, glad you are here, see you on L4P a lot LOL

what you can do is find a reputable, outside service shop that specializes on Maserati/Ferrari cars.

the stealership service base here in SoCal aint so hot either

so i took a forum members advise and signed up here, and i have saved thousands since

hope you get everything sorted out

btw-u may be able to fix the jerky shifting with Formula Dynamics drive by wire kit

·
Registered
141 Posts
Whining/ moaning clutch on accell is the pilot bearing, replacement is covered under warranty- hurry!! The jerking engagement could be a couple of things, air in the clutch circuit, PIS waaay out, new clutch value not correct or a coulpe of other software issues that probably can be rectified by the Dealer with the SD3. Run Forest Run!! Demand to have a tech go on a Test drive with you to experience the problems you are having. Best of luck.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I just had the pilot bearing replaced on my 2007 QP Duo. 20 hour job ALL covered under warranty. I didn't have to pay one penny. Had in done in St. Louis.

I'd take your car into a good dealer and not remove it until it is fixed to your satisfaction. I'd also get the paper trail started to make sure you don't get screwed as it emerges from warranty. Otherwisse, they may try to stick it to you and state that it is out of warranty ultimately.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Will they replace the rest of the clutch system while they are in there?? ( I mean if I buy the parts)
Yes, they will. They have to do 100% of that labor anyhow, so if your clutch is greater than 50% worn, I'd throw in a new one.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Very Annoyed in Chicago!

Ray
The whining comes from the pilot bearing and also from the bearing that supports the shaft that goes through the clutch. There is an updated pilot and a procedure to fix it and its fully covered by warranty, so hurry up. Do not pick the car up until its fixed. If the clutch is still 90% good, leave it, but get a print from the SD3 tester that shows the number. If you want a new clutch you`ll have to pay for the parts only. There is a Campaign bulletin about the update, they have it for sure. For the jerking they will have to perform what Maserati calls a Kiss Point procedure to adjust the PIS properly and it should take care of that. Any other question, just ask. I used to work for a dealer.....

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Calling MNA is a waste of time, they totally rely on the dealer's opinion. Been there, done that. Let them know that you are part of this forum and you talk with hundreds of Maserati owners daily, and they're all telling you that it might be the Pilot Bearing and etc.. That worked for me and many others here.

Sorry buddy, but that's how Maserati warranty works, you have to fight for everything. It sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
By law they can't refuse to perform warranty work even if you purchased the car somewhere else. They can only refuse if the car comes from out of the country. Ask to talk to the local ABM (Area Business Manager) for Maserati. He is the one handling all the Warranty issues and Lemon Law claims.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They give you a hard time even if you bought the car from them...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts