Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys might laugh at me and even mock me. But I am in a lot of trouble.

My financial situation took a tumble and I'm on a limited budget. The water pump on my qp went and I need a new one. I am in nj and need someone to help me locate a water pump at a decent price. I don't care if it's used. Please someone help me.

862 232 3613 is my direct cell number. Please help.

Ray

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
That doesn't sound funny at all:crying:
Have you tried Exotic Auto Recycling? There are a couple of other European salvage yards. I know @Craig is really good at finding parts. You might contact him. If he doesn't get back quickly, let me know and I'll try to get him.

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Do you have any contact info?
You can PM him from the mention I posted. Or you can PM me your contact info & I'll call him & pass it along to him.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Do you have any contact info?
Sorry I was under another diesel truck all day. Here's the quickest/cheapest thing I could find that might help you. You didn't give any details or whether you were doing the job yourself or someone else was doing it. If you contact them I Express Mail Shipping would be $30 for the pump I think. I haven't had an opportunity to contact Ryan at Exotic Auto Recycling however, it is CA so if you google that name you can grab the contact information and I know they also could help.

Coolant Water Pump 223400 275600023 Maserati Quattroporte M139 2007 2011 | eBay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bro. Omg this is perfect. I love you bro! You just eased my anxiety.

I have it by a mechanic. He's dismantled the car. Were just waiting for the part.

Since this is a used waterpump
It obviously won't come with the gaskets. Should i use my old gasket or would I be able to buy that gasket from Maserati dealer? Please advise

Ramy

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
You should always use new gaskets.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
You should always use new gaskets.
+1 with Dave with one caveat. If the old gasket is all still intact you can use water pump/thermostat gasket sealer over and under the gasket and it will seal it. I recommend a new one but, realizing you might not have the time, or they might not have the gasket in stock nearby so you can get your car together.

First, see if you can get a new one, if you cannot and need the car together tell the mechanic to use gasket maker on both sides of the old one. I'm thinking he'll already know how to do this if he grew up like I did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So as a status update I tried calling this guy to secure this part hopefully before someone else treks buying it buy he didn't answer. I will call him first thing in the mornings to purchase it.

What's funny is that I called exotic and he offered me this exact part shopped for 375. I guess he went on eBay and found it and I was about to buy it. Lucky for me, my Maserati brethren really saved my life today.

I truly appreciate what everyone has done for me, especially Craig. It means so much that you took
The time out to locate and post this. I hope no one else beats me to it between now and tomorrow.

Do you think Maserati sells the gaskets separately? And should I replace the waterpump belt while im at it? The mechanic asked me to buy him the belt.

I'm passing by Maserati tomorrow to grab the odds and ends. As far as coolant is concerned, Maserati sells it for 39$ a gallon. Is the concentrate?
How many. Gallons should I get ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
So as a status update I tried calling this guy to secure this part hopefully before someone else treks buying it buy he didn't answer. I will call him first thing in the mornings to purchase it.

What's funny is that I called exotic and he offered me this exact part shopped for 375. I guess he went on eBay and found it and I was about to buy it. Lucky for me, my Maserati brethren really saved my life today.

I truly appreciate what everyone has done for me, especially Craig. It means so much that you took
The time out to locate and post this. I hope no one else beats me to it between now and tomorrow.

Do you think Maserati sells the gaskets separately? And should I replace the waterpump belt while im at it? The mechanic asked me to buy him the belt.

I'm passing by Maserati tomorrow to grab the odds and ends. As far as coolant is concerned, Maserati sells it for 39$ a gallon. Is the concentrate?
How many. Gallons should I get ?

Thanks in advance
Yes replace the belt and no don't worry about getting coolant at Maserati. You can use any good brand extended life coolant from any auto parts store. It's really unnecessary to go to Maserati to get it. If we were talking about a diesel, and were we are worried about cavitation then I would tell you differently.

Additionally, I'm sorry to hear that Exotic told you $300 for a pump. Here is a link to the pump through eurospares. I use them almost exclusively if I need a brand new item for the car and have them ship it here. I've not found anyone who is cheaper. They have a brand new pump for $233. It takes about 4-5 days to get the item here usually. So $300 for a used pump is ridiculous.
http://www.eurospares.co.uk/searchResult.asp?find=+&S=223400

1 - 12 of 12 Posts