Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Maserati Quattroporte but it does not come with a spare tire. And I would like to purchase one. I know it comes with the kit but I still want to have the spare just in case.
Where can I find one? Any members willing to sell theirs?
Thank you I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The official Maserati spare isn't cheap. I purchased a smaller rim and tire that fits the wheel mount and use that instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I would like to have the original one. The problem is that I cannot find one anywhere.
I tried ebay, google, craigslist with no luck...
Does anyone know where I can purchase a spare wheel from?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Paradon, which wheel and tire did you buy and from where? Can you give more details?
Sorry but I don't have the exact offset information.

I went to my local independant tire shop and they did some measurements and fitted me with a Mazda 17" rim and tire that had the correct bolt pattern. I had to use shorter bolts (which they provided).

I went that route as I had a cracked rim and didn't have any other options at the time to get back on the road. Turns out the "spare" handled quite well and driving the car I wouldn't have even noticed that it was there.

Bottom line was that it was $150 and I could drive forever on the thing if I had to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any chance of a picture of the spare you had made up? If it's a factory wheel I'd hope to be able to figure out what it's off.
Sounds like a good option, as I'm in the same situation.

Also I was wondering, I have someone willing to sell me a spare, just the spare, not with bolt, bag, pump etc. They want US$850 is that a "good" deal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.