Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the fellow Maserati Club Japan members who works near my office has one (together with 3 other Maseratis!): a beautiful red, EU spec (no ugly bumpers) model

I want one too :D

I just checked prices and these cars cost a bomb!

Dream over ...

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indicative valuations range between EUR 60k (for 4.7l models) to EUR 70k (for 4.9l models).

·
Registered
225 Posts
You know these are much more refined and usable than any other supercar from that period right?

Besides you need to price it against a 512 Boxer or the Miura/Countach and then it will look cheap. Also old cars don't depreciate as much but there is the maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you, and having seen one up close at a recent Maserati Club Japan event, I realised how cool it is :cool:

Let's see. If all goes ok on the job front, rather than upgrade the GS, I might keep it and delve into a classic ...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm rooting for the job front okness. You need a Bora.
I need a Ghibli. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks and hope you get a Ghibli. We had 3 at the latest Maserati Club Japan event and they are awesome cars :D

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saw a couple on the web... maybe thinking it's be better to buy a beat up one and get it restored...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Better talk to some experts on the car. You'll find you will end up spending waaaay more that way and not be enjoying the car. It's one thing if it's YOUR hobby, but if you just want the car, that's a very tragic road to follow.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probably right mate, wise words.

By the way, since you are interested in a Ghibli, here is a shot to wet your appetite ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks! That blue is superb. Since I have a Coupe I think I'd need a Ghibli Spider. I just need an extra 2 or 3 hundred grand...

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Ghibli Spyder??

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, and I thought my dream Bora was expensive!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well otherwise what's the difference between the cars? Same designer and all. They are basically the same car in purpose. A man can dream can't he? It's cheaper than a Miura!
I guess if I found a nice Ghibli coupe I could trade the 06 coupe for a Quattroporte. I think I need a much larger garage. Fit an Islero and an Iso Griffo in there too.
MUCH LARGER.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Or maybe a Merak, 2+2, V6 rather than V8 … and about half the cost of a Bora …

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.