Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a 2005 Coupe' Cambiocorsa from Maserati of Long Island today. It's the Nero Carbino with black carpet, dash and headliner, and burgundy seats with black inserts!

What a ride! Just got it off the truck this afternoon around 5:00. It's incredible. Pickup is silky smooth. It's got a tubi, so it sounds incredible. Took it to my law partners house and he thinks it's the best looking car he's ever seen. I agree. :cool:

What surprises me most about this car. . .it's not quite as stiff as the GS. The suspension is stiff enough for my driving habits, and I don't plan on tracking the car, so it should be more than enough for my tooling around town. I'm keeping the MB E500 as my main vehicle, especially for bad weather days. But the Maser is going to be my new toy for when I feel the need for a quick pick me up. I was grinning from ear to ear driving it. Turn in is very quick and steering is precise. I think I'm going to love this thing! :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I took it around the block this morning before getting back in the MB. . .Looked too much like rain! :confused:

I think I'm going to taker her out this afternoon! :D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I know it is hard to do at this point because of the "newness", but please don't treat your Maserati like a museum piece. These cars love to be driven, in all conditions. Heck, I've had mine in the snow in a few rare cases. It took me a while to get over the jitters, but don't worry, they clean up nicely. ;-)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I driv emine every single day rain or shine, with kids in it (there is ablanket over the back seat though).....with 10K miles it is just fine!
Drive the piss out of it, make the Ferrari guys green with envy!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Drive it drive it drive it. Even lent mine to stepson to take his date to the prom. You shoulda seen the smile! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
I purchased my 06 GS over a year ago and the dealer told me to drive it like I stole it!

Never had a problem with the car, knock wood! Seems to respond better, the harder I drive it.

I hope you fall in love with your car, like I have with mine.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I purchased my 06 GS over a year ago and the dealer told me to drive it like I stole it!

Never had a problem with the car, knock wood! Seems to respond better, the harder I drive it.
That's the only way to drive the italian cars! The harder you drive, the better they run! Congrats! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts