Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've just put a deposit on a new GT and was going to trade my 2002 Coupe in, however I just couldn't quite come to terms with what the dealer wanted to give me for it. I also put the car on eBay but again, I just wasn't willing to give the car away.

As much as I'd like to have 2 Masers, what I'm really going to need is a more pedestrian vehicle as a second car.
Therefore if anyone is interested in a mint shape, totally-loaded 02 Coupe in
Rosso Bologna with Tan interior, with only 17,800 miles, and has a like-valued vehicle such as a large 4 door or SUV that they are interested in trading, please let me know. By the way, the Coupe has far too many options and information than I can post here, so please ask for more info if interested. Thanks kindly!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Question....

David,
what price range are you asking for?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 Maserati Coupe for trade or?

Hi there,
I'd like to get as close to $48,000 in 'trade' value for it, or if it was an outright sale, I would expect somewhere in the neighborhood of $45,000.
I know that I can't expect to recover all of the extras that I've put on the car, but in reality, those extras completely make the car.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just bought an 04 Coupe CC from a dealer for $53k. only 4000 miles. I think you are about $10k high. Good luck, its a beautiful color combo, and the GS rockers look great on the car.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have a 2001 Tundra pickup with 250k miles on it..... :D

She really is a beauty! I feel for you!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
so soon?

proof that once again accessories do not add value to the car.
how much were the spoilers, skirts, grille, rims? yikes.
they look nice, the side skirt. (but not the false advertising Gransport badge).

glad to hear you moved to a GT!

·
Registered
835 Posts
if it is paid off and insurance isn't too high...I would just keep it. how much did you pay for the side skirt?

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice car. i agree with above. if paid, i'd keep. i'm willing to bet you'll get better value if you hold on for a while.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if it is paid off and insurance isn't too high...I would just keep it. how much did you pay for the side skirt?
The side skirts were about $2K, the rear end spoiler was $450 (painted), and the front grill is stock. To get a chrome look, I simply blasted it with chrome spray paint, and it looks like chrome plating.
The only thing I don't like about the car is the Larini exhaust. There are times when I think it's too loud, and other times when I feel it's just right. It's the tonal quality I have a problem with. On Larini's site, they have a video clip of their system on a bone stock 4200 Coupe. When the car takes off, the sound is similar to the 'ripping' effect of a Ferarri exhaust...in other words, higher pitched and very mechanical. In reality, the exhaust system sounds more like a big block Camaro with a slighly more refined tone. The main problem with it, is that it is extremely droning inside the car, almost to the point that I'm always thinking of having it removed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts