Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mats :!:

Great, they arrived this morning, lovely dark bordeaux colour - just what I wanted - they should set off the dark interior beautifully. I wonder if Maserati could send me the interior to put them in - surely not too much to ask.

The car would be nice too, but I think they must have sent all the RHD versions to Australia or Japan or somewhere. Not a whisper from the dealer, and I'm not going to tempt providence by pestering him!

Thinking about the interior I guess I'm lucky to have chosen black, judging by everyone's photos. Original idea was Nero Carbonio exterior with interior in Bordeaux leather and Grigio Nickel fabric. Thank goodness I avoided that.

Why?

The technical fabric seems to pick up and reflect the clolor of the leather - in other words I would have finished up with a pink dash. Illustrations of Blue leather and Nickel Grigio give the dash a slightly blue tinge, so black is best after all.

Anyone else in the UK heard about their cars yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
No more news, but not worth asking, it seems.

When you see decent professional photos all the interior combinations that I have seen look good. Bad flash photography can't cope with the technical cloth. Many of the car magazines had terrible pictures. The official pictures in the brochure of navy leather with grigio tech look good (in my opinion) and I've gone for that with Med. Blu outside. I might have done the blu tech except it's the whole roof interior and that seemed a bit much.

Mind you, if I had an entirely free choice all my cars would be black as night... 8) (at the moment it's only 2/4)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point taken - the blue/blue/silver combo does look very good in the 'official' photos, but the tech blue headining and dash would be too much for me. The trouble is my last five cars have been blue, and I needed a change plus something not too noticeable !

How right you are about the magazine photos. The one in Evo made the leather look brown and the fabric a sort of silvery-brown. You mentioned a brochure - lucky you, I've never seen one except on the internet... :shock:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess it is a must to see in person, from the photos I have seen I don't like that techno interior. But then again maybe it's great for some but just not for my extremely conservative taste

·
Registered
38 Posts
I badgered the dealer for the brochure, but he had it sent to me from elsewhere and at the time of my order had not seen one. He told me navy leather and grigio tech is not possible, but it's listed as a standard combination in the brochure (which is a very nicely photographed version of what has been badly scanned onto the Maserati website as MY2005 - oh and when is the MY2005 car configurator going online??).

I'm not convinced, however, that the blue car photographed (just the one!) is actually Med Blu as the car used at the Geneva and Birmingham motorshows, which definitely was, looks very different, and I think pretty sporty. Having seen a paint sample on metal at the dealer, it's the sort of colour that reflects ldifferent light differently. What with the "funny" reflective properties of the tech cloth it's possible that, in some lights and from some angles, you won't be able to see me at all (and other times you won't miss me)

Should I auction the brochure on ebay?? :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts