Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a terrific car. My 09 911 turbo is with the Maserati dealership getting a k40 installed with the full frontal clear bra installed also.
My M430 (how I refer to my Maserati until I can afford a Ferrari) has a K40 installed and a clear bra when I drop it off later next week.

Grigio Alfieri is an awesome color. As you can see, it snowed over the past couple of days. Last 24 hours was the great meltdown. Sludge with muddy dirty roads all over the area. I drove the car 20+ miles through these road conditions. It hardly looks dirty! Stark contrast compared to my black 911.

Great experience at the dealership! Don and Joni worked with me and were willing to change out the dash if I so desired. I decided to keep the bordeau dash (looks just fine). The only thing I don't really like is the center strip and the strips that go along the doors. It's silver. I would prefer wood.
The owner (Graham) called me after the deal to thank me. Mind you, at this dealership, this is the "starter" car in their exotic collection Bugatti's, Alfa Romero 8c, Gallardo's, Murcielago's, Bentley's etc...

I purchased 2 911 turbo's within one year at Parktown Porsche. I don't even know the manager's name and I have never met the owner. No phone call to see how the car was after the sale. Mind you, these 2 cars were just about the most expensive cars in their line of Audi's and Porsche's.
I think that some people have to go back to Business 101. "Take care of the customer".

Back to the topic of the post.
So, yes, I am a lucky man....

Greatest wife ever (only one really).... Awesome child!
Nice home, 2 great cars (5 cars in total)
In great health.
Love my job.

I never forget how fortunate I am.
I came from humble beginnings.
I live every day to it's fullest.
I try to have no regrets.

I truly feel for all those less fortunate than I am during these hard economic times. As a matter of fact, I would have enjoyed this car even more in 2006 when the Dow was at 14000 when all was good (or appeared to be) and everyone was happier (economically speaking). But, life goes on and my days are numbered. So 2 cars in one month!!! I will let you know the experience in both. Napoli chose the 911 turbo over the M430. I think he will end up purchasing a second car like I did.

enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my other car..

My 911 turbo dirty and ready for the k40 and the clear bra.

My second choice was this beautiful white with rosso interior. I love the alcantra interior. But I thought that I would eventually get tired of the "aggressive" looking interior.
I still think it is beautiful. It also had the skyhook suspension.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I meet more rich people everyday, and it is nice to see that one has made it for himself and still knows where they came from. Just because someone has a great big house and fancy cars does not make them any better than the next guy. Enjoy your wonderful life that you have created and continue to show us more great cars when you get them. You really deserve what you have created.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
This is a terrific car. My 09 911 turbo is with the Maserati dealership getting a k40 installed with the full frontal clear bra installed also.
My M430 (how I refer to my Maserati until I can afford a Ferrari) has a K40 installed and a clear bra when I drop it off later next week.... I purchased 2 911 turbo's within one year at Parktown Porsche. ...
So, yes, I am a lucky man....

Greatest wife ever (only one really).... Awesome child!
Nice home, 2 great cars (5 cars in total)
In great health.
Love my job.
enjoy!
i don't understand the M430 part. yours is a GT-S. shouldn't it be M470??
as well, i don't understand why you are so modest in saying you cannot afford a ferrari, if you bought 2 911 TT within one year, and 5 cars in total, you certainly can afford more than a F430.

enjoy your M470!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great pics. My hardest decision in ordering the GT-S was not was it the right car, but what colour combination to get.

I live in Canada, and we have even more snow than it looks like you have. I don't plan on driving the GT-S in winter, though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try to enjoy each Because......

One of them will be your last. Being married to a surgeon I've been told one to many times about the "healthy guy" that came into the office with that little bump that's very far from healthy. What ever you have, be thankful. And what you don't have....Does it really matter..In fact its after hearing about another middle aged guy with big health issues ( A good friend) that I made up what's left of my mind to get another Maserati and I don't give a shit how much it drops in price after I get it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
;)Very nice indeed. Are you a doctor?;)
Enjoy.
Yes. I am. That's why I enjoy my job so much.
I make money helping people. And I do a lot of free service to those without insurance, because I can afford to. I give discounts all the time!!! All you have to do is ask! 25-50% off easy...
I provide personal and excellent service. I actually care! I wish I could get the same service purchasing a Porsche.

I must say, still without a doubt, my most precious possessions are my wife, my daughter, my brothers, sister, mom and dad (still alive) and all my friends. I let all of them drive my cars!!! I figured, if I had all the riches in the world and no one to share them with, they would be absolutely worthless.

I enjoy making people happy. I give huge tips when I go to restaurants, valet park my car, get my cars washed. I know that everyone is having it hard these days. So, whenever I get the opportunity, I try to do what I can to help. I've given away thousands of dollars to friends and family and strangers, even a single mom with twins and no money for Christmas. The list goes on... you all don't know me so the only purpose for me tooting my horn is to get all you members out there, more fortunate than others to give, give give.... If you own a company, and times are hard, hang in there and do your best to keep as many of your employees as possible. I am just concerned that in times like these, many people hunker down and fail to think about others.

As a matter of fact, when I purchased this car, I could sense that the salesperson and even the owner, were really determined to make the deal. But not like years before (I could imagine). This time, it was like they knew in there minds, "2009 has to work out" It just has to. They like many of us, are fearful of what the economy has in store for our country.

I did well in 2008 and I expect to do better in 2009. I paid sticker. Some may say that I paid too much. I say, I paid enough. I am sure that my salesperson and the owner are not swimming in cash and I am sure that this business in particular will be hurting this year. I guess you could say that I am doing my part to stimulate the economy.

thanks for hearing me out..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of them will be your last. Being married to a surgeon I've been told one to many times about the "healthy guy" that came into the office with that little bump that's very far from healthy. What ever you have, be thankful. And what you don't have....Does it really matter..In fact its after hearing about another middle aged guy with big health issues ( A good friend) that I made up what's left of my mind to get another Maserati and I don't give a shit how much it drops in price after I get it
I don't worry about how much it depreciates!!
I tell my financial adviser that he has absolutely NO idea how much I personally APPRECIATE this beautiful hand assembled Italian "work of art" every single time I get into this car (especially first thing in the morning), start the engine (oh soooo sweet!) and take off to work. PRICELESS. I am not sure you can put a number on this one man. Rate of return? CAP rate? all does not make any sense to me once I feel and hear the rumble of my Maserati.

I call that APPRECIATION.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Low Maintenance Grigio

Great pics. My hardest decision in ordering the GT-S was not was it the right car, but what colour combination to get.

I live in Canada, and we have even more snow than it looks like you have. I don't plan on driving the GT-S in winter, though.
definitely do a Grigio (Alfieri or one of the other 2 types).
you will drive it more often because you will not be too concerned about getting dirt on the Maserati.
I hesitate so often taking out my black 911. I hate to leave it dirty.

do another color (ie black) if you have someone come over and wash the car up to a couple of times a week.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Great shots!! I love the color :D . Whats hanging at the bottom of the rear bumper, is that for a radar? Im jealous, I cant bring myself to drive mine in the snow!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great shots!! I love the color :D . Whats hanging at the bottom of the rear bumper, is that for a radar? Im jealous, I cant bring myself to drive mine in the snow!
good eye!!!
I just noticed this today.
It is the k40 radar detector/diffuser
I would normally not drive it in the snow. I am just too excited about the new car.
Not real fun in the snow. I hate getting all that sludge on the car.
I really should move to Arizona or Florida.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yes. I am. That's why I enjoy my job so much.
I make money helping people. And I do a lot of free service to those without insurance, because I can afford to. I give discounts all the time!!! All you have to do is ask! 25-50% off easy...
I provide personal and excellent service. I actually care! I wish I could get the same service purchasing a Porsche.

I must say, still without a doubt, my most precious possessions are my wife, my daughter, my brothers, sister, mom and dad (still alive) and all my friends. I let all of them drive my cars!!! I figured, if I had all the riches in the world and no one to share them with, they would be absolutely worthless.

I enjoy making people happy. I give huge tips when I go to restaurants, valet park my car, get my cars washed. I know that everyone is having it hard these days. So, whenever I get the opportunity, I try to do what I can to help. I've given away thousands of dollars to friends and family and strangers, even a single mom with twins and no money for Christmas. The list goes on... you all don't know me so the only purpose for me tooting my horn is to get all you members out there, more fortunate than others to give, give give.... If you own a company, and times are hard, hang in there and do your best to keep as many of your employees as possible. I am just concerned that in times like these, many people hunker down and fail to think about others.

As a matter of fact, when I purchased this car, I could sense that the salesperson and even the owner, were really determined to make the deal. But not like years before (I could imagine). This time, it was like they knew in there minds, "2009 has to work out" It just has to. They like many of us, are fearful of what the economy has in store for our country.

I did well in 2008 and I expect to do better in 2009. I paid sticker. Some may say that I paid too much. I say, I paid enough. I am sure that my salesperson and the owner are not swimming in cash and I am sure that this business in particular will be hurting this year. I guess you could say that I am doing my part to stimulate the economy.

thanks for hearing me out..
Glad to hear all that from you. My ex was from a family involved in medicine, she is an RN here in Seattle, her sys a doctor in Europe back home, her mom was a nurse all of her life and my '02 coupe comes form a local surgeon here in Seattle. For some reason it this is the car the porsche owners don't want you to have and I'm glad you do. I wasn't sarcastic asking you the question but for some reason I do feel for someone who dedicated his life to help others free or not. It was obvious you deserve what you have and I'm happy for you. I had dreams before the legal sepparation and I've had supported my partner all the way until was nothing left and I do not regret one second of what happened. From a life long love I was left with a passion, recently discovered it was the passion for fast italian exotic craftmanship.
I go to Europe once a year and I have a very respectfull relationship with my ex sys in law and maybe it's because of my true respect for the medical world, it is all that hard work and those years spent to learn how to give back to society.
So long friend and enjoy your ride and your life to the fullest.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Life - thank you for your post. I read it early this morning and it started my day off right. Was starting to feel sorry for myself in the depresses economy and the hard time I (we) are all having. My biggest regret right now is not having as much $ to support my favorite cancer charities like Camp Sunrise and Komen as I used to many years back when times were much better. When I bought the Maser a few years back the most joy I got from it was letting my boys drive it. Their friends parents (and even their friends) thought I was crazy because it was such a "special" car. My response was always that the only thing better than owing a Maserati is being able to share it with someone you love. It's a great feeling.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Same here, inspirational for sure, tho I'm not a Dr. (and have never played one on TV), and I don't have a house quite like one....wow...(but I'm getting there and certainly workin on it!), I most certainly do have the means to share and have done well in this economy...my charity of choice is the St. Judes Childrens Hosp, I'm a sales and marketing guy and whenever I get a little extra commish or bonus so do they...kinda how my system works....but what ever you choose and what ever you can give only helps the world go round and there's allot to be said for Karma...just look what you drive, we must be doing something right!

S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts