Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Maserati Braintrust,

Question: I have a humming (like a low drone) not super loud - but noticeable.

Only when I let off the gas in the 40-30 mph range - Otherwise, everything sounds beautiful 41mph+ and 29 and below,

I first thought of wheel bearings. But after viewing some examples in the QP/GT, it doesn't sound like that whoob-whoob-whoob sound, so I don't think it's that.

Could be It more like a low-frequency drone, and the fact that it goes away at any speed outside that small range is odd to me.

I'm thinking tires, a cheap easy solution to get them rotated I guess, I'll try that and report back here.

Any other thoughts my friends?

Thanks in advance.

7,399 Posts
Dude, you know I hate noises...;) Generally, when you have a noise on accel and decel and it changes it is the rear diff...Usually something with the pinion gear...The load changes the mesh between the ring gear and the pinion...make sense.? J

Reactions: paulchua

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, you know I hate noises...;) Generally, when you have a noise on accel and decel and it changes it is the rear diff...Usually something with the pinion gear...The load changes the mesh between the ring gear and the pinion...make sense.? J
Doesn't make sense, but I'll take your word for it! haha. That said, appreciate your thoughts as always.

Cheers

·
Registered
2005 Coupe CC
21 Posts
Did you take a look at the engine mounts? In my experience, that noise starts as only perceptible in deceleration. I'm not an engine mount expert though.

Reactions: paulchua
1 - 7 of 7 Posts