Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having issues with the too easily bent and cracked BBS manufactures OEM GS wheels, i am swapping out to HRE P40 Forged. Will these really be stronger and ligter? Does anyone have any experience with them? Anyone interested in buying 2 front and one real OEM silver wheels?

·
Registered
103 Posts
What is the present condition of the wheels and how much $$ do you want for them.

Can you send a couple of pictures. Also where are you located?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Consider alternatives before you pay ridiculous prices for wheels - check out wheel-1.com, I can get these for you at about 1/2 price MSRP, roughly $2500.00 wheels and tires + shipping. You can get them in any size, any offset, etc...they look fantastic and they ride like a dream.

PM me if you're interested.

S-

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fronts go for $1400 per new and rear go for $1750 per. I would get rid of the 2 fronts and the one rear for $2k. Fronts and rear in great condition. I can get pictures to you in the next few days.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mazerati?

HRE is a good wheel, but if you can hold off a week or so, I may be becoming a rep for www.360forged.com

Very good company, and they pretty much only cater to exotics.
I just ordered a set myself. :D

Just checked out their web site and navigated to their photo gallery; nice looking wheels but I am curious if their MaZerati wheels will fit on your MaSerati! ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just checked out their web site and navigated to their photo gallery; nice looking wheels but I am curious if their MaZerati wheels will fit on your MaSerati! ;)
Not sure what the S and the Z are referring to specifically, :confused: but....... I can assure you that fitment and offsets will be spot on for the application.
We are working with the only people that know the exact specs for the application at hand. And that being for Maserati.

Once the wheels are finished and mounted, believe me, a professional photo shoot will be scheduled and it will blow your socks off! :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Would agree totally - I looked around a long time before buying mine and everyone I spoke to said 360Forged was right on the money, primo for Masis (and most exotics). A little more then I wanted to spend personally but if I had the budget I would have opted for these.

Not sure what the S and the Z are referring to specifically, :confused: but....... I can assure you that fitment and offsets will be spot on for the application.
We are working with the only people that know the exact specs for the application at hand. And that being for Maserati.

Once the wheels are finished and mounted, believe me, a professional photo shoot will be scheduled and it will blow your socks off! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok - so after a long wait, my new HRE 890r Wheels are on the GS - Same specs as oem, but different tire sizes for a better ride. My experiment is complete!!! i have 244/30 zr 19 in the front and 285/30 zr 19 in the back. In my view, the 285/30 size is what should have come with the car - it protects the rims and avoids pothole damage. The Guys at HRE could not have been kinder and more attentive - I love my new wheels and will post more pictures soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
HRE is a good wheel, but if you can hold off a week or so, I may be becoming a rep for www.360forged.com

Very good company, and they pretty much only cater to exotics.
I just ordered a set myself. :D

there has been a lot of recent bad press around 360forged, and some quality issues. search some of the other forums out there for more detail.

·
Registered
439 Posts
there has been a lot of recent bad press around 360forged, and some quality issues. search some of the other forums out there for more detail.
I know very well about all this Adam. I obviously won't be working for them in any way now, but...... I got word my wheels are possibly to be done this Friday.
F.Y.I. Quality itself isn't/wasn't the issue really. It was more about not getting titanium fasteners when you should have, and stuff of that nature. Not saying that 's alright by any means, but the quality in the wheel itself is not the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts