Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys , am in the process of speccing out some new wheels. Am thinking of a 21x9.5" +39 front and 21x12.5" +32 rear. Me and the Wheel rep don’t think the front will be an issue but am worried about the rear. I did a thread search and found a guy running 13 inch rears with no issues. Can anyone advise should I be okay? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Hi Guys , am in the process of speccing out some new wheels. Am thinking of a 21x9.5" +39 front and 21x12.5" +32 rear. Me and the Wheel rep don’t think the front will be an issue but am worried about the rear. I did a thread search and found a guy running 13 inch rears with no issues. Can anyone advise should I be okay? Thanks!
Member on here, Rzundel runs a 21x13" rear with no rubbing, (355/25/21). And I'm pretty sure he's lowered too. So you should be just fine 👍
Lambo Aventador runs this rear as well, WOW
Rzundel.png

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo
819 Posts
Member on here, Rzundel runs a 21x13" rear with no rubbing, (355/25/21). And I'm pretty sure he's lowered too. So you should be just fine 👍
Lambo Aventador runs this rear as well, WOW
View attachment 131434
I have 295 with spacers and {no offense} these don't look like they project out much farther than mine....comments? Safety / performance of 295 + 25mm spacers vs. 355 {I am guessing} no spacers ???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! Are there any cons to running such a large wheel? More transmission wear/stress or anything ? The forged wheels will be lighter than oem but much larger so I don’t know if that will yield much of a benefit

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,212 Posts
Anytime you run tires/wheels bigger than manufacturer's spec, you will increase stress on components that are attached to it. That is a given.
Not only that, you will increase drag and rolling resistance which will make the car less responsive, thus slower. For those who are willing to sacrifice a bit of performance for looks, it's their choice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Psb thank you for that information. I may bring the specs back to 12” rear to save a few bucks. Really don’t need the largest possible tire, I just like the looks hehe.
Tim, how is your traction with the 295’s? Can u still cut them loose easily or is that extra width enough to wrangle the beast down?😆

also Attached A pic of the wheel I’m having built.... thinking of going with the light gold finish or a brushed grey w polished lip. The final color is the hardest part! Decisions, decisions

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Psb thank you for that information. I may bring the specs back to 12” rear to save a few bucks. Really don’t need the largest possible tire, I just like the looks hehe.
Tim, how is your traction with the 295’s? Can u still cut them loose easily or is that extra width enough to wrangle the beast down?😆

also Attached A pic of the wheel I’m having built.... thinking of going with the light gold finish or a brushed grey w polished lip. The final color is the hardest part! Decisions, decisions
That wheel is nasty
I can break the 295's loose if I floor it from a stand-still and immediately turn, while in 'SPORT' mode. Man those Michelin Pilot's have a grip like the Devil, holding onto a bad man's soul! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts