Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great community here. Hope to be joining the ranks of ownership soon.

I'm currently considering the purchase of a 2006 GranSport Spyder. If I were to "visually" inspect the car to confirm it's equipped with Skyhook, what would I be looking for?

The salesperson I'm dealing with was not very convincing in his answers about the car being Skyhook-equipped. No window sticker was available or reproduced. Everything I read indicates Skyhook was an option (not standard equipment) on the 2006 GranSport Coupes & Spyders.

I had the car out for a test drive. I don't know feel of the car well enough yet to determine just by engaging/disengaging the "Sport" button whether or not Skyhook is definitively installed. Anyone know what visually apparent features to look for when confirming the car is equipped with Skyhook?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If it indeed is a 2006 GS, then it has Skyhook by definition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. Link to prior thread really helpful. Will look for Skyhook light on instrumentation panel.

In a Forbes review of the 2006 GranSport Spyder (US-market model), Stephan Wilkinson reported:

"...the [2006] GranSport Spyder is equipped with an electronically controlled suspension system (optional on the GranSport coupe) that is strongly biased toward handling precision rather than comfort, making the ride firm in the “normal” setting and something approaching harsh in the “sport” mode."

http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2006/maserati/gransport/test-drive_5.html

Assuming the "electronically controlled suspension system" Stephan cites is in fact Skyhook, it would appear Skyhook was optional on the US-market '06 hardtop Coupe & GranSport models, and standard equipment on the '06 Spyders. (This seems consistent with the conclusions reached in the thread BigFoot noted here, and the GS Coupe window sticker Paunch posted.)

Thanks again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
How confusing. There should be a simple answer to this.. one would think anyway.
I do know an 05 GS Spyder I saw did not have it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I thought all GS had skyhook, and it was an option only on Coupe/Spyder.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In EU - I don't know if it applies to the overseas markets too - Skyhook was standard on the GS Spyder but an extra on the GS Coupe.

Cost was 2,450 €...

HTH
/F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts