Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How Do I Turn off the Airbag Light?

I need to get my 02 Spyder inspected tomorrow and the airbag light has come on. I hadve a ODBC code reader. Is it possible to turn it off with that? Or do I have to pay the dealer? Thanks

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
You need to go to the dealer and get that fixed properly. If anyone tells you how to bypass this... be afraid. This is an area that can get people hurt and get you more trouble than you bargained for.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You need to go to the dealer and get that fixed properly. If anyone tells you how to bypass this... be afraid. This is an area that can get people hurt and get you more trouble than you bargained for.
Jeff is exactly right! There is no way to do this from home.. Head down to the dealer, have them check it all out and turn the light off...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the dealer yesterday but they didn't have time to look at it. I don't mind getting it fixed, but the nearest dealer to me is somewhat of a ripoff. I would like an honest assessment of the problem without a ridiculous bill.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You will not be able to read the airbag code without the use of a SD2. I have not seen a generic tester that reads airbag information. Just tell the dealer you want a 1 hour diagnosis of the airbag system. Meaning check the code and relay the information to us. Should be worth there time for 1 hour of labor. Do not try to bypass or alter your airbag system in any way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will not be able to read the airbag code without the use of a SD2. I have not seen a generic tester that reads airbag information. Just tell the dealer you want a 1 hour diagnosis of the airbag system. Meaning check the code and relay the information to us. Should be worth there time for 1 hour of labor. Do not try to bypass or alter your airbag system in any way.
Thanks. I'll do that and post the codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
AIRBAG LIGHT ON...AND I KNOW WHY BUT WOULD LIKE To SWITCH IT OFF...

Hi all,

I know that Airbags are very handy things and we should not do funny things with them. I unfortunately disconnected the cut off switch for the passenger side airbag and switched the ignition on on a 2003 Maserati 4200 coupe cambiocorsa (UK Model). And voila.....the Airbag light went on...yes yes I know...the switch so my system is ok after I plugged the switch in again so I just want to switch off the Airbag light...anyway if something would be faulty the Airbag light would be on after a short time anyway...so PLLLLEEEEEAAASSEEE...if anyone out there have some ideas to switch it of like...disconnecting battery and turn the egnition on 1000 times or andy other suggestion that has a bit of a chance to work would be very appreciated...as I imported my UK car to Australia as a private import and the dealer here is not very helpful :)...well he would sell me an australian delivered car...but I think that is a bit too much for a bloody airbag light..so I count on you guys...

best

w.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi all,

I know that Airbags are very handy things and we should not do funny things with them. I unfortunately disconnected the cut off switch for the passenger side airbag and switched the ignition on on a 2003 Maserati 4200 coupe cambiocorsa (UK Model). And voila.....the Airbag light went on...yes yes I know...the switch so my system is ok after I plugged the switch in again so I just want to switch off the Airbag light...anyway if something would be faulty the Airbag light would be on after a short time anyway...so PLLLLEEEEEAAASSEEE...if anyone out there have some ideas to switch it of like...disconnecting battery and turn the egnition on 1000 times or andy other suggestion that has a bit of a chance to work would be very appreciated...as I imported my UK car to Australia as a private import and the dealer here is not very helpful :)...well he would sell me an australian delivered car...but I think that is a bit too much for a bloody airbag light..so I count on you guys...

best

w.

I do not know of any generic scan tool that can read Maserati Airbag codes. The only way is with SD2/3. If everything in the system is working you should be able to read the code and delete it. Say to the local dealer that you will pay 1 hour of labor to have them check the code and delete it. Make sure they give you the exact code that was the issue just in case this does not resolve the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like Bugatti Tech said. the only way to clear the code the right way is with the SD2. also the SD2 is capable of checking the parameters of the complete airbag circuit. it will at least point you in the right direction of what the problem is..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealership is in the middle of being sold and things are quite a mess there at the moment. What if the battery was cycled? Would that perform a reset? I'm not referring to turning the light off, but would the electrical system reset?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts